Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 10:44 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

It’s not confirmed by Samsung, and probably never will be as it would cost them a fortune. I guess Samsung prefers to ride of the storm as this is an issue that only appears under sustain conditions. As long as no tech journalist investigate this thoroughly, I’m afraid Samsung will succeed with their approach to the defective hardware they are selling. Personally I contacted both journalists and Samsung representative here in Norway, and I have returned 2 defective S22 Ultra. Probably I will never go back to Samsung after seeing how they steal customers money by pushing defective phones.

So good luck waiting for a solution 🤥

JohnPC
Explorer
Options

I sent my S22 Ultra Exynos (release date purchase) phone in for repair about 1.5 months ago. The said it had a faulty mainboard and replaced it. No issues since I got it back. 

0 Likes
Anwender1
Voyager
Options

@JohnPCWhich problems did you have? Didn't you just hear the person you were talking to and he didn't hear you? Or were there (also) other problems?

0 Likes
xter94
Helping Hand
Options

@JohnPC 
Have you update your (new) phone with the last firmware (early september) ?
Have you before send it somme trouble with GSM Network ?

Mon smartphone : S23 Ultra 512 Grey exclusive
0 Likes
pat1812
Journeyman
Options

also had problems, sent it in for repair and they exchanged mainboard. my problems are now fixed

had also first batch s22 ultra in the netherlands

0 Likes
JohnPC
Explorer
Options

Oops, forgot to paste my previous post when the device came back from repair on 10th August:

"S22 Ultra 256GB Exynos (purchased on release day)

I got sick of the issues so I called Samsung support, got a repair booked and sent my S22 Ultra off. Engineers notes stated faulty PCB and replaced it.

Received device back yesterday, and here is an update on my issues:

Issues:
Calls dropping (random times) - UPDATE: Hasn't happened yet, also calls are seamlessly switching between lte/3g/2g etc with no drops as of yet
Sim registration failed happens at random times - UPDATE: Has not happened so far
Connected to Car bluetooth, then when a call comes in the bluetooth disconnects and asks me what device I want to connect to - UPDATE: Tested multiple incoming calls from my work phone while connected to Car and no issue so far like experienced before
Loses 4G and connects to 3G/H+, have to switch to airplane mode and back to get back to 4G - UPDATE: when at home now I have 4G+ all the time, have not been on my usual journey yet but looks promising so far

So far it looks like the Samsung repair has resolved my issue, but I am very sceptical and will monitor over next couple weeks with lots of random testing to confirm."

0 Likes
JohnPC
Explorer
Options

Yep, am on latest firmware ending "AVI3"  1st September 2022

Here is a list of my issues aand outcomes since repair:

Issues:
Calls dropping (random times) - UPDATE: Hasn't happened yet, also calls are seamlessly switching between lte/3g/2g etc with no drops as of yet
Sim registration failed happens at random times - UPDATE: Has not happened so far
Connected to Car bluetooth, then when a call comes in the bluetooth disconnects and asks me what device I want to connect to - UPDATE: Tested multiple incoming calls from my work phone while connected to Car and no issue so far like experienced before
Loses 4G and connects to 3G/H+, have to switch to airplane mode and back to get back to 4G - UPDATE: when at home now I have 4G+ all the time, have not been on my usual journey yet but looks promising so far

michaelxy
Pioneer
Options

In germany we cant make a class action...

Note9, unihertz jelly pro, Nokia 6300, xCover4, xCover5, Galaxy Tab Active3, S23 Ultra 0,5 TB
0 Likes
TerjeS
First Poster
Options

Hi!  I assume "firmware version" is what is in the About/Software Information page called Baseband version.  If so, my ends in AVH9, and assume then it is lower than yours.  I just run the updates, but this one obviously didnt update to your version.  How did you do that?   Or was it done when they changed the motherboard? 

And yes, I got the same issues, people not able to reach me, calls going directly to voice answer, and also calls being disrupted in the middle, and from what I read I believe issues with turning on 4G.   I have been pestering my mobile operator, believed it was their fault until I checked the forum here.....  86 pages....  so I guess the phone have to go back...

0 Likes
JohnPC
Explorer
Options

Yes, that is correct its the software version. My last version was AVH9 and new update was there a few days ago (it may not be released where you are yet).

I have had zero issues since the mainboard was replaced 5 weeks ago and have been on my regular route every day with no drops anymore.

It may be a case where your device has a faulty mainboard like mine did, I would suggest contacting samsung support and booking a repair if you have not done so already