Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 10:44 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
Improviso
Explorer
Options

Still experiencing the same issue with randomly lost connectivity with the latest patch (S906BXXU2AVF1 / S906BOXM2AVF1 / S906BXXU2AVF1)

0 Likes
RMartins
Journeyman
Options

Please tell us if the new one is the same or not

0 Likes
fasaso
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my S22 ulta Exynos. I changed the mobile provider as a test and had no more problems. I suspect it may be related to the hardware used by the network providers. The contract with the connection problems was with Swisscom, which uses Ericsson technology. The test subscription with Sunrise uses hardware from Huawei.

Which provider do you have and which hardware do they use? perhaps this will paint a picture of the problem.

It seems that the problem is not the smartphone, but rather a configuration issue from Samsung or the mobile provider and its used hardware.

0 Likes
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

I agree with this possibility. Although I haven't tested Vodacom in my country those in my office who use them have much stronger signal and consistent service. I'll have to do a test. One issue I'm having is the Bandwidth Selection App is causing my network customer help and voicemail numbers not to work. As soon as I disable it the calls go through. 

Also wifi connectivity might have been affected by this as well

Hoping June update helps

0 Likes
pat1812
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here too. tried everything S22 Ultra 256MB

0 Likes
Improviso
Explorer
Options

I've done some traveling and the situation is still pretty bad. Between two different countries and 3 different networks, I've experienced occasional signal losses and signal degradation. At times the only way to fix the issue was to turn on/off airplane mode.

All with the latest June update.

0 Likes
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys just found that the bandwidth selection tool is to blame for WiFi and calling problems. It forcing the lte bands causes problems and only by disabling it do issues go away

Really losing my patience with Samsung not rolling out an update for this

Going to test another 4G LTE band selector app and will post experience 

0 Likes
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options

Make sure everyone checks with their network providers, most local masts are switching to 5G, O2 is having major issues with lots of masts down at the moment! 

This seems directly related to O2 at the moment, however, cannot confirm this!

0 Likes
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

Hey everyone. Uninstalled the Samsung Badwidth Selector and same wifi issues persist. 

Now using bixby routines to change network to 3g when at my office (which in itself is a joke that I have to do this with a flagship device). End of my tether to be honest. I think I'm going to contact Samsung next week to follow warranty and try for a replacement phone if anything 

0 Likes
zemj
Explorer
Options

I must say, that from june update I have got almost no problems. I requested both providers for new SIM. I have got no problem during calls and just 1 or 2 times few seconds without internet. I have still problems with Bluetooth at my car, but this problem can be somewhere else...

0 Likes