Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 10:44 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
CIAjake
Explorer
Options

We got the "Game" update here in the U.S. today,  but nothing else.  It does NOT fix the problem with calls.  There is not as much chatter here in the U.S. about the S22 paperweight, but people are having the exact same issues with the Snapdragon chip.  I don't know if all the antenna are the same with both versions of chip, but if so, it could mean a bad batch went out from Korea.  My replacement brick should be here on March 28th.  Please watch your newspapers in case it has the same problem.  I'll make sure to mention my brothers and sisters problems across the pond as they drag me in handcuffs from the smoldering cell phone shop.

0 Likes
Squaremeter
Journeyman
Options

what? snapdragon version too?

samsung, how do you do it?

0 Likes
ChristerPister
Student
Options

I have had call problems where the call breaks up or just stops.

What I did to FIX it.

Go to :General Management  ---> Reset ---> Reset Network Settings

Check that you have the latest software update.

Apps ---> Phone ---> Storage ---> Clear Cache

Thats it , and it worked for me. Hope it works for u 2 :smiling-face:

Edit::Only worked for a day, im returing this shitty phone.

Members_ayQVdeV
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue as you guys. Tried everything, nothing happened. I send the phone back to samsung service here in Greece. They acknowledge the problem, and they said that they send me a replacement through the store i bought it. Bad news is that s22 are out of stock here, so i went for S21+ since S21 ultra is out of stock too. I hope everything will be fine with S21+. To be honest its may be better that there is no s22 ultra device to send me, because since i experience the problem i didnt feel well and i ll be anxious again seeing the screen for signal bars all the time, and thinking that maybe someone tries to reach me and cant. So here we are waiting for S21+ to arrive. I hope everything will be fine with it.

0 Likes
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Nope, this is not a fix. Switching back to 3g/2g.

Bogo1
Navigator
Options

S21 from s22 ultra??? Take back your s22 ultra and switch to 3g/2g until Samsung fix this with update. You will be reachable non stop with 3g/2g.

0 Likes
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

@ChristerPister I guess you have been talking to Samsung support, as this is what they tell us all to do, I for one have done this, but it doesn’t change anything. What it does is reset all your network settings, including WiFi and Bluetooth, and also it turns on VoLTE as default again. Have you checked your phone to see if VoLTE is on?

As mentioned several times earlier in this thread, it’s not a fix for the 3G/2G calling issues.

0 Likes
mau0086
Journeyman
Options

Samsung S22 Ultra Australia with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.

Same issue started appearing when updated to the new stock rom SM-S908E S908EXXU1AVC9. Issue did not exist on S908EXXU1AVBF and the firmware before that.

Had the same issue on my S21 Ultra Exynos Australian model. Samsung fixed that on S21 Ultra with a software update.

Squaremeter
Journeyman
Options

at the moment, none of the updates have solved the communication problem. There is a suspicion that the problem cannot be solved by updating the firmware.

Problem1234
Student
Options

Same problem, I am on exynos regular version of Samsung S22 - small version. I got call drops for 2-3 seconds. People telling me that the sound on the other side its like a train in the tunnel - in the meantime I hear nothing. I am also loosing mobile data..mostly  in car, then i need to turn on and off the airplane mode and then it works again. I didnt loose signal on my old phone in the same places.  I am out of 21 day return 😞 ... I am from Slovenia (Bob carrier)

Samsung fix this!

0 Likes