Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 11:44 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
dubacz
Explorer
Options

No, it still persists!

Wtf !?

It's completely different phone and therefore different topic, man.

0 Likes
Anwender1
Voyager
Options

@dubacz

For sure? It still persists with S23U?! Where does this information came from?

michaelxy
Pioneer
Options

He is from germany 😁

I bought now a S23U with 512 GB 😎

Note9, unihertz jelly pro, Nokia 6300, xCover4, xCover5, Galaxy Tab Active3, S23 Ultra 0,5 TB
0 Likes
dubacz
Explorer
Options

🤦‍♂️ Sarcasm, dude! 😎

0 Likes
xter94
Helping Hand
Options

Hi folfix

Thanks to open a new topic please.
I'm waiting my S23 Ultra ; probably in two days ... be patient.
I would do a lot of tests like with my S22+ last year where we had these problems.

Regards.

Philippe

Mon smartphone : S23 Ultra 512 Grey exclusive
folfix
Journeyman
Options

Based on teardowns, they indeed changed antenas module:
 - S23 combines speaker module + antena
 - S22 has the antenas "printed" on plastic

Screenshot_2023-02-09-11-51-04-235_com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser_2.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-09-11-51-26-784_com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser_2.jpg

0 Likes
leapinthedark
Pioneer
Options

I had returned my S22+ due to this issues,  and guess what i received my S23 Plus on 8th Feb and today has started noticing same issues, Calls not connecting first time, phone not reachable for users and mobile data does not work for about 1-2 mins after idle .

will do a bit more testing and will probably not trade in my s21 plus and return this 

What a shame

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Interesting, I’m glad I switched to an iPhone as call quality and overall signal is much better than what I experienced with my S21 Ultra. So much so that I have had people ask me if I’m using a different phone while on a call! Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of things I dislike about iOS though and I definitely miss Android but that’s for another discussion.

I was expecting things to improve with Samsung ditching Exynos.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
akcoding
Journeyman
Options

I was hoping things would improve as well. I preordered the S23 as soon as it was available - I can't drop this garbage S22u fast enough. If the S23 has the same issue, I'll just swap to Motorola's stylus model. The high quality of the rest of the phone means nothing if the thing can't do what its main function is supposed to be - make and receive calls and texts. 

0 Likes
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

Being the one starting this topic, I find it just to comment on the issue regarding the new Galaxy S23 Ultra.

I have now used the S23 Ultra for a week, and I have not noticed anything resembling the problems I had with the S22 Ultra. For me the S23 Ultra have meet all my expectations. Stable connection, good call quality, fantastic battery life. At the moment I’m very pleased with the S23.

0 Likes