Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not charging after dying

(Topic created on: 20-03-2022 11:01 AM)
Members_mi3Bbvc
First Poster
Options

Twice my S22 Ultra has ran out of battery and died, then when I plug the charger in the phone doesn't start charging and only show's the screen with a grey circle and lighting bolt. I've somehow managed to get it charging by repeatedly pressing the power button. Has anyone else encountered this?

36 REPLIES 36
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_mi3Bbvc 

Best practice is to not let the phone discharge below 15%.

If your put and about and not near a charger or have a portable powerbank then I'd suggest to switch to power saving mode r turn the phone Off.

Letting the phone discharge to the point it auto shuts down can cause issues.

As I do not let me phone drop below 15% I haven't encountered the issue you have.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mobz
Voyager
Options
I didn't know it would cause issues. Recently (mainly with this phone), I've been letting it run down completely most of the time 🙈
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not would but could cause issues @Mobz 

Depending on your point of view with battery charging and discharging.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mobz
Voyager
Options
Aah i see. Nice to know! Hoping it stays this way cause I'm loving my phone 🤩
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May be different opinions  as to optimum level for discharging  (some recommend 20%) though 15% is probably fine, however it has been the guidance for some time not to completely discharge Smart phones as more likely to encounter issues.  one article here https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/mobile-phone/charge-phone-properly 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you let you phone drain completely, it takes a short while to get some juice before coming back to life

Usually a couple of minutes and you should be able to turn it back on whilst plugged in

Your repeated pushing the power button isn't doing anything 🤭

This is not new to S22U, it was the same on older S series phones and I have everyone since s4 I think
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
Interesting, I'm sure I read somewhere that it was good practice when you get a new phone to charge to full and discharge the battery for the first few charges so that the phone can learn your usage and optimise the battery... is that not correct?
0 Likes
Jamie nicholson
First Poster
Options

Mines literally just done this hence the reason I'm on this page. Last ohone was the note 20 ultra Nd never had an issue even if it went to 0 and died. Thought it was weird and hope it doesn't continue. 

0 Likes
Members_mVootJQ
First Poster
Options

Its happened to me too. I'm not trying to offend you mister samsung but I paid over a ***** thousand for this phone... I expect it to be perfect period. I have a 99 pound Motorola that behaves better than this phone. We shouldn't have to do anything. Once our phone dies once we charge it we should be able to switch it back on without problem.