Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone locked by Samsung

(Topic created on: 06-04-2022 03:30 PM)
Members_4Htv4hP
First Poster
Options

I have seen some old threads on this subject. I cannot believe Samsung are still doing this. I get an email one day to say they have received my trade in phone and the next they lock my S22 Ultra.

I received an email response from the trade in team saying it had been passed to Samsung to unlock. How long does this take?

I now have no phone and no access to most sites that require 2FA from my phone!! I am about to go out and buy a burner so at least my kids can get in touch in an emergency. I will be raising a complaint to recover costs. 

Fair to say after being with Samsung since the S2, this has left a severely bad taste in the mouth. 

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your completely in the right to be angry and disappointed with this situation @Members_4Htv4hP 

I'd be furious 😠 

Yes there has been previous threads on this from people who have recieved a warning email about locking the s²² Series phone due to the Trade In Phone not being received, but I think yours is the first I've read where Samsung have acted and locked the phone.

I'm assuming here , but I think this is all automatically processed on Samsungs Systems, however that does not defer from that this shouldn't be happening to people who have followed the rules and returned the phone as agreed.

Samsung need to act fast in your situation and get this resolved.

The Samsung Team here I'm sure will be keen to help.

Please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and im sure the Samsung Team will be able to get this escalated for you. 

How-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-community. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mask2082
Journeyman
Options

@Members_4Htv4hP  might be the first but not last. I have returned my trade in device and it has been received on 4th April. I even received an email from Samsung trade in that they have got it. I had a threatening message that my device will be locked in 72 hours all this week. This evening they have locked my phone.  This is beyond words. I have no phone and after so many years of using Samsung products, now seriously thinking of returning my S22 and never having anything from them again.

As it is weeked and judging from other users complaining how difficult it is to get hold of anyone to resolve this, I do not know how long will I have to be without a phone now.

Members_u6V87JS
First Poster
Options

Just had my phone locked after asking 4 times to be sent a returns label. Am absolutely fuming as I now have no phone to use for work, absolute shambolic customer service.

0 Likes
NikkiE83
Apprentice
Options

They locked my phone as well. 

0 Likes
NikkiE83
Apprentice
Options

They locked my phone as well. I sent 2 phones. They 1st said they never got them then said they only received one and then neither of them was accepted and now it's back to they never received them. It's bullshit. They want me to pay $1150 and they can't return my devices because they are suddenly missing. And they locked me out of my phone today. What can I do about this? I need my phone? I'm thinking about sueing them honestly. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@NikkiE83 

I'd be furious if this happened to me so I'm not suprised your unhappy.

Your going to need to raise a complaint ticket with the Samsung Support Departments in your region and see how this pans out.

Check any relevant outside bodies that help with disputes.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MSYOLLIE2U
First Poster
Options

After trying all day to move my phone from Verizon to T-Mobile pre-paid, it was suggested to me that Samsung has my phone on lock.  Verizon has released it and T-Mobile cannot get it to work on their network.  I can't make calls or receive any.

I was told I  need to get a new IMEI number since my phone is under warranty.  

0 Likes
BJH1
Student
Options

This has just happened to me.

I have sent Samsung the tracking information and a screenshot showing my trade in phone had been delivered weeks ago. I cannot understand how a simple check on the Post office website would not confirm this

I have just bought nearly  £1500 of Samsung products and am seriously considering returning it.

0 Likes