Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is laggy... Any help?

(Topic created on: 15-10-2022 06:11 PM)
Winchboy
First Poster
Options
I bought the S22ULTRA the UK version, and I find it quite laggy and not smooth. I used to have the S21 and I think it was smoother. 
It is a 128Gb exynos. I upgraded thinking I was gonna get a better, more powerful phone, and got a worse phone, it's laggy, freezes, it's not smooth changing between apps. Battery drains fast as well. I do like the sPen. 
I know I can change settings or turn off some features but after spending £1200 you'd think you could use those features without compromising the speed of the phone. 
Perhaps is faulty, and in that case would Samsung replace it? 
Thanks everyone 😊
4 REPLIES 4
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

256mb and higher versions are reported as performing better. I would update to latest firmware and possibly update to android 13, once ready in coming weeks, will improve it further 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The 128gb version of the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra has 8Gb of Ram which is ample to have a smooth running experience.

I have the 256gb version which has 12gb of Ram.

You can choose what amount to let virtual Ram use which may help @Winchboy 

This is an option in your phone's settings. 

Also Check in your settings to see how much Ram is being used and look at how much internal storage has been used because if it's filing up this can slow the phone down.

The phone should be automatically closing down apps etc if Ram is coming close to it's limit or the app hasn't been used for a while.

Also some apps can slow the phone.

If you've used any Apk files to get apps then consider deleting them.

Clear the phone's system partition cache file via  Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

I found Google Chrome to be a resource hog so now use Samsung Internet as one example.

Did Samsung directly supply the phone ? Only the original seller / merchant can consider swapping out the phone, and only generally if it's within the initial cooling off period.

The phone also has an internal diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

You can check if an app or theme etc is causing the slow down by putting the phone into Safe Mode   Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If you used Smartswitch to transfer your info from your previous phone to this new one then this has been known to have the capability to cause issues.

Some owners have factory reset and then not used Smartswitch or their back up and set the phone up as new and then manually downloaded their apps from their library in the Playstore.

I personally use my Samsung Cloud Backups.

A Samsung Service Centre can certainly take a look at the phone.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ben23
First Poster
Options
Clear the cache. It fixed my issue.
"How to wipe cache partition in Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra using Android Recovery Mode - Tech2Touch" https://www.tech2touch.com/how-to-wipe-cache-partition-in-samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-using-android-rec...
0 Likes
Rayso
First Poster
Options

I have the 256mb version & had the same issue. Rebooting into recovery mode & clearing the cache seems to have done the trick.

0 Likes