Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Os System

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 10:07 AM)
aphill01
Journeyman
Options
Can any one help me. I have unistalled an app but is there any way to clean the registry of all the items in that app like you can on a computer. Because just uninstalling the app does not remove everything.
13 REPLIES 13
CarlH
Options

Hey @aphill01. Which app is this please? Is it one you downloaded from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store?

aphill01
Journeyman
Options
Hi Carl.Yes it is from the Google Play Store. It is called Twinkly which controls lights. But as with computers uninstalling the app does not uninstall everything.
CarlH
Options

Where are the other files stored on your phone? Are you able to remove these by heading into My Files? 

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try SD Maid app (system cleaning) from Google play store 

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
If you go into your phone settings then tap on apps. Locate the app you want to uninstall, tap on it, then tap storage and clear the cache and data for that app before you uninstall it. That should remove all files belonging to that app.
Just tapping on an app in the app screen and uninstalling it from there does not remove all files.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
You've already uninstalled the app of course. So what I would do now is to go into the My Files app., like CarlH has mentioned, and look through the files in there for any folders and files that are named with the app you got rid of. Then delete them by long pressing on them. Make sure you are deleting only them left behind by your uninstallation of the deleted app.
0 Likes
aphill01
Journeyman
Options
Thank you Bigtasty65 but I have already tried this and there are no files in My Files with the name Twinkly. Is there a file similar to RegEdit as there is on a computer.
aphill01
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply. I have tried this but SD Maid found absolutely nothing for Twinkly.
Regards Alan Phillips.
AndrewL
Options

@aphill01: If you head to My Files, and use the search function in the top right corner (a magnifying glass symbol), are you able to locate the relevant folder? If not then it's possible that the application data was deleted along with the app. If you would like some peace of mind, then head back to the Google Play Store, reinstall the app, then head to Settings > Apps > Twinkly > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data, then uninstall it again. I hope this helps.