Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneUI Beta suggestion

(Topic created on: 05-08-2023 05:07 PM)
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
Just a suggestion, do you think there should be a constantly active beta of One UI software, kinda like how Microsoft does the Insider program for Windows? 

I personally think it would be a great idea. It gives us the opportunity to test out new features and fix bugs and therefore making monthly security updates more stable and efficient and even when they add new features, making them better with our feedback.

Again I feel this would be necessary since Samsung has clearly been behind recently with pushing out updates for devices, especially with older and the more budge targeted A series devices and even their tablet range. Samsung already makes the majority of their software open source anyways so I don't see why they shouldn't have an active beta. What do you think?

3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Mastermind
Options
That's what the bets program is, it's for the customers to try out the software in test mode before it gets fully rolled and validated.
0 Likes
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
I know, but it's not constant. Just thought having a constantly active beta might make stable releases better and arrive quicker
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A novel idea @CODEdragonCal 

The Beta Programme and the stages involved will be resource hungry for Samsung both internally and externally with arranging and testing to send the stages out to the people who have volunteered to join the programme.

The Beta is specific to that particular main update pending so I do not think having a Beta constantly running would work in it's current stages / set up.

I prefer how Samsung concentrate on getting the imminent new to be released major software ready via Beta with I assume their in-house teams quietly working on the next.

But as I said a novel idea.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "