Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 5 notifications

(Topic created on: 31-10-2022 08:14 PM)
OnlyAlex
Pioneer
Options

Anyone else having issues with notifications on dark mode? Sometimes the pop up is really light when it should be dark I think so you can't see through? 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
keith30
Maestro
Options
Nope, I don't use dark mode and mine are always fine and colourful.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use dark mode and have no issues at all

How bad was the curry sauce anyway? 🤣🤣🤣
OnlyAlex
Pioneer
Options
It was all fine until One UI 5 came around.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
But how bad was this curry sauce? Or was dad over exaggerating 🤣
Options
It could be an issue in settings. Have a look there in the notifications category.
phi216
Explorer
Options
Yep, happening to mine as well, but not even WhatsApp is showing up - I did change it to light mode and looks like the notification dots are all white on black background and I guess they didn't think that in dark mode it would have to be BLACK on white background...
But seeing as it's not affecting everyone maybe it is also to do with the app icon theme we're using? So I'm going to have a play to find out if I can get it to work (just annoyed that I might lose my current theme as I played with it for ages to get the colours perfect...)
Do let me know if you've found a solution though!
OnlyAlex
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the reply. I reset my phone and there is clearly an issue with themes as I used the default theme the phone came with and the issue is still occurring. Would recommend reporting to Samsung.
phi216
Explorer
Options
Yeah I've just tried a few different themes and default is the only one where the notification dots appear - pretty stupid that it hadn't been fixed before release...
OnlyAlex
Pioneer
Options
Indeed!
0 Likes