Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On screen keyboard disappears

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 06:00 PM)
OnlyAlex
Pioneer
Options
Hi everyone, I've had this really annoying issue with my phone since September. Basically every week or so I go to use my phone and the on screen keyboard doesn't display. I have tried clearing the cache, Force stop Samsung keyboard to no avail. The only way to fix the issue is to restart the device. 

I reset the device in December and the issue is still occurring. 

For a six month old phone I'm starting to get a bit annoyed and don't know what to do.

Cheers
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
Is it your keypad which you use to dial
numbers from or your normal keyboard to type words with.
Seems strange it doesn't show, iv'e had the S22ultra since march with no problems.
OnlyAlex
Pioneer
Options
Normal keyboard to type words with.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just as a process of elimination can you download a keyboard such as gBoard and see if that works as it should @OnlyAlex 

Other options are to try Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

And go into the Samsung Keyboard Settings and fully reset it.

Ensure there are no pending updates.

My Samsung Keyboard is working as it should.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

OnlyAlex
Pioneer
Options
Thank you. The issue goes away when I restart the device, so putting it into safe mode means the issue goes away too.

I could try Gboard, thanks.

I have reset the settings and reset it.

I am not sure whether to just live with it or get a repair, if they can even repair it.
0 Likes