Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my S22 ultra is system UI eats battery

(Topic created on: 05-11-2022 10:52 PM)
Members_HLhimaB
Student
Options

After update to Android 13 My phone is draining extremely fast... On battery usage I can see that only system UI takes over 20% battery every day or more?! What the hell is with this update?! Do anyone test it before release?

Model Sm-s908b/ds

Screenshot_20221105_234845_Device care.png

2 REPLIES 2
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Have you performed partition cache wipe after update?
I also use galaxy apps booster never had any issues.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_HLhimaB 

Yes Beta Testers who join the programme test this for weeks before it's release, as well as Samsung testing it themselves.

Ive had the Android¹³ and Samsung One Ui ⁵.⁰ on my phone since the ²⁴th of October 2022 with my phone showing no deterioration in battery usage time. It's on par with the previous software on my phone.

However battery stats and usage time's is a subjective topic as we all set up our phone's differently and use different apps etc.

Can you screenshot again and then also use the screen capture scroll option to show All the apps including the phone's top status bar to give us a better idea of what's going on.

You can clear individual app cache via > Settings,  Apps,  Choose App, Storage, Clear Cache.

I see the map app is using quite alot more battery 🔋  If your using this for a sat nav then this will eat your battery.

There are a few troubleshooting tips you can try too.

• Use the optimisation tool in your phone's Device and Battery Care.
  • Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • Run the diagnostic test tool found in your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section. 
  • Factory Reset after backing up as a last resort.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "