Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification starts stopped video

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 05:22 AM)
stringbob
Apprentice
Options

Notifications turn on youtube videos that are paused on my desktop. Very weird. Then the video bounces from ON to OFF every few seconds. I have to go to the video and refresh it a zillion times to stop it's crazy action. If I happen to be watching a video when a notification is received on the phone, it goes into the ON/OFF nonsense as well. I thought I had solved it by stopping "Auto Start" on the vids, but no.
Anybody got any tricks that will stop notifications from messing with a video?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I don't think I've ever come across this personally @stringbob 

If I'm watching a YouTube review video and pause it to carry on watching it later I don't experience any other actions on my phone that starts off the video !

Just as a start please do double check all your relevant settings and preferences settings for the apps.

And clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section.

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@stringbob: Are the notifications from a particular app, or are all notifications causing the videos to unpause? Do you have floating notifications enabled in Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Floating notifications? If so, can you try setting this to 'Off' to see if the issue persists? 

As a possible workaround, while you're using YouTube, try enabling Do not disturb > Hide notifications > Hide all, to see if this helps. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
stringbob
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the response, AndrewL. Any notification that uses the speaker or vibrates causes the issue, but I think I may have a partial answer.... I listen via my Phonak P90 hearing *****, and unlike any others on the market, they can connect, and stay connected to two devices at the same time. In this instance, they're connected to the phone and the PC.
I'm guessing that Phonak might have a little more work to do to ensure total separation of the two BT activities. idk. I'm heading to the Phonak forum. Thanks again.

stringbob
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. It turns out it may be an issue with my hearing devices. They actually allow two devices to be connected via BT at the same time. I think they aren't playing well together. I'm going to check with Phonak. They also may want me to clear the cache. Thanks again...