Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not fast charging s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 12:29 PM)
ploydy
Journeyman
Options
Hi, my S22 ultra seems to only show cable charging even though fast and super fast charging are on, also the cable on charges when I plug in one way (it didn't used to matter which side I plugged it in with.  Please help? 

Paul
22 REPLIES 22
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
I have the exact same issue
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

There is an issue with Beta 1 and possible 2. If not on Beta software then the issue is with your charger and or cable. Check with charger manufacturer and try different charger but with 3rd party chargers it is not guaranteed that they will work

0 Likes
ploydy
Journeyman
Options
It's with a genuine Samsung fast charger which still charges my other phone Note 10+ superfamily so don't think it's the charger, how do I check if I'm on beta and can I change from it please? Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

When you connect the charger, the charging animation is in green or in torquise blue?

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You would've known if on Beta. Try different cable

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @ploydy and @Haytch. It's unusual that your S22 Ultra is not fast charging as expected.

We can look at other possibilities, of course. For now, though, would each of you be able to run a diagnostic in the Samsung Members app? Our colleagues from Samsung US created a useful guide for this:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082542/

Please choose the Cable charging diagnostic and let me know if fast charging is picked up.

0 Likes
ploydy
Journeyman
Options
Hi thanks for link .... it is saying normal under fast charging
0 Likes
ploydy
Journeyman
Options
This is the tesultScreenshot_20220830-172021_Samsung Members_20117_1661876421.jpg
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's great, @ploydy. Just to ensure I don't overlook anything obvious here, "Super fast charging" is available when using a 5A cable and 45W wall socket to charge your S22 Ultra. 

For Fast charging, it would be the 25W adapter and 5A cable combination.

You can read more about this here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-super-fast-charging-on-galaxy-s22-ultra...

With this in mind, are you charging your S22 Ultra with the required combination of adapter and cable?

0 Likes