Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for phone recorder? SG22U (UK)

(Topic created on: 28-04-2022 03:21 AM)
Casavult
Pioneer
Options
I've been trying to enable the native phone call recorder but there isn't an option to do so within the phone app. Was this feature removed?

Thanks.
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Casavult
Pioneer
Options
As far as I can tell in the UK, it is legal to record in the UK. Corporations must ask for consent first and tell the other party they are being recorded.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have never seen a record option on any of my Samsung phones and i have had a few.

It maybe just I never notice but I don't think so
0 Likes
India9
Student
Options
There is an call record option on my previous phone but not in s22+
0 Likes
Casavult
Pioneer
Options

I still haven't found a solution to this. It seems either its a region thing or something else from whatvI have so far read.

It's such a useful feature.

0 Likes
Lucifer990
Journeyman
Options

It is basically not there because of GDPR. According to GDPR, you cannot record call without notifying the other side. I know this is bullshit as many back off from their words and we left without any proofs.

socialcorgi
Student
Options
I think the issue is that Samsung now flashes same firmware across all EU+UK (region EUX) so in some EU country it is illegal probably ... and the sideeffext now is that even if its legal in the UK you cant do it because the firmware is shared for the region
0 Likes
socialcorgi
Student
Options
Actually i double checked apparently it is due to GDPR rules now you need to ask for consent first
0 Likes