Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update on S22

(Topic created on: 29-05-2024 08:06 PM)
CJonesy13
First Poster
Options

The new update on the S22 is making my husband's messages crash really bad. Literally opens for 2 seconds and crashes. Can't even type a text. Anyone else having this issue? I haven't done the update yet because of this issue.

20 REPLIES 20
moxymoo
Student
Options
Same problem 😕
0 Likes
frenchyboy
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
Tarek18
Apprentice
Options
Same on my S23 ULTRA
CantSitAtPeace
First Poster
Options
Yep, same here ... I've an A20, it's so frustrating. Came in overnight.
0 Likes
Tarek18
Apprentice
Options
To everyone GO DISABLE Google Meet App. It worked when I disabled it
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
See below link for fix and further down for response from Samsung.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/message-app-crashing/td-p/9960423?src=ShareByU...

The issue is being caused by a recent update to the Google Meet app. Please disable the Google Meet app for now until a fix has been issued. See response from Samsung.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue with your device
We've received some reports from other users facing issues with accessing the Samsung Messages application. We have identified the cause of the issue as a recent Google Meets app update, and we have reported the issue to Google for further investigation. To restore functionality to the Samsung Messages app, we'd recommend performing the following:
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Meet > Disable.
Namlles
Apprentice
Options
I have same problem on S20 Ultra my Sms app its crashing as soon as I open it and trying to type....
0 Likes
Frenchy46
Student
Options
Mine has been crashing all day prior to installing update. I installed update, hoping it would cure crash but it hasn't😒
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
See below link for fix and further down for response from Samsung.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/message-app-crashing/td-p/9960423?src=ShareByU...

The issue is being caused by a recent update to the Google Meet app. Please disable the Google Meet app for now until a fix has been issued. See response from Samsung.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue with your device
We've received some reports from other users facing issues with accessing the Samsung Messages application. We have identified the cause of the issue as a recent Google Meets app update, and we have reported the issue to Google for further investigation. To restore functionality to the Samsung Messages app, we'd recommend performing the following:
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Meet > Disable.
0 Likes