Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New s22 keeps restarting every ten mins any ideas anyone

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 03:23 PM)
bod69
Journeyman
Options
Every time I look at my phone  it's restarted. Will a factory reset  be the answer or is there something else I can try. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bod69
Journeyman
Options
I ended having to book it in for repair. Only way to do it

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@bod69 ,hello, check to have pending updates, greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
How long has this issue been occurring? Do you have any idea why the phone is restarting, as it can be due to updates, since you have bought the phone recently?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my phone @bod69 I'd back up and factory reset but when resetting back up don't actually use the back up for now.

Set it up as a new device and then see what happens.

If it stops then use the back up and see what happens.

Don't use Smartswitch.

If it continues then the back up maybe corrupted.

You could also try > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If it continues as a new set up then I'd suggest to have the phone looked over via a Samsung Service Centre or if in your cooling off period have it swapped for a new one.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@bod69: The frequency of the restarts is a bit of a concern, and suggests that it is probably not an automated feature. To double check, please head to Settings > Battery and device care > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Automation > Auto restart at set times, and disable this option if it's active. Tap the Back button on your Navigation Bar, then select the graph symbol in the top right corner, next to the 3 dots, to check your restart history to see your last auto restart. 

If the above isn't applicable, I recommend uninstalling any recently added third party apps, just in case the problem is stemming from an external source. You can also head back to Settings > Battery and device care > Device protection > Scan phone, to check for malware and suspicious activity. 

bod69
Journeyman
Options
It as also happened whilst in safe mode. So may not be app related.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Possibly and a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can check this for you @bod69 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

bod69
Journeyman
Options
I've just checked app issues and deleted everyone that had an issue and reinstall them and see how I go from here . You never know.
bod69
Journeyman
Options
Done that. All upto date
bod69
Journeyman
Options
4 month old started 3 weeks ago. Not as bad then but getting worse now.