Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages app

(Topic created on: 22-01-2023 06:42 AM)
Casey33
Apprentice
Options

I just texted a friend of mine with the name of a link that I used to watch something on a movie app. When I hit send, all of a sudden a picture with a link to that site attached itself to the text. I sent another text to myself and typed in the same link and the picture attached itself again. This is the second time something like this has happened. What's causing it and is there something that I can do to keep it from happening?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Is that picture related to that movie?

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's probably built into the code of the link your sending @Casey33 

Many links do this to help show the reciever of the link what there going to be opening. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It is probably that you have preview Web links from contacts turned on in messages settings. Click the 3 dots in messages - settings - more settings. You can turn of preview Web links from contacts if you don't want the Web links preview image.
Casey33
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the response , but I use Google messages app on my phone. I didn't think to specify that. I did see the option on the Samsung messages and it was not switched on. I don't think that's on Google messages though

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Maybe it's on all the time on Google messages and has no option to turn it off. I would check for you, but chat features can stop working changing messages default. So just beware if you ever swap around you may find yourself waiting a few weeks for chat to work again. Just thought I'd let you aware of this.