Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Made the biggest mistake

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 03:52 PM)
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
So I had the s21 ultra and was fantastic, network provider told me I could upgrade mmmmmm🤔. Where can I start got the s22 ultra and phone looks good, love the spen, graphics good, bad bits when making a call no one can hear me, battery drains quick, phone freezes on me, totally regret getting this one should have waited for the s23 ultra now I'm stuck with this for a year and feel like throwing it at a wall. You would have thought that samsung progress softly with their flagship phones not to create something that has so many problems, I can only hope that all the software updates can improve this phone if not I will turn it off for a year and wait till s23 out.
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May i ask > Did you not have a cooling off period to have the phone replaced or the upgrade reversed @Barford1011  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
With in the 14 days phone worked fine after 15th day im stuck with it
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What troubleshooting have you tried to help with the issues your facing @Barford1011 

Your network should be able to suppprt you as the seller of the phone.

i.e 

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too.

And

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Check in your Battery and Device Care section under battery to see what is using your battery.

As a last resort back up and factory reset is an option.

There is also a diagnostic test via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

Feedback via your Samsung Members App.

You could consider trading the phone in or selling it.

Obviously I wouldn't recommend passing a defective phone onto an unsuspecting new owner.

Have you also considered letting a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
lol, phone worked fine for 14 days and on the 15th day it went poof! Only a fool would "upgrade" from an S21 Ultra (it's no upgrade) given all the issues reported across the Internet. You're stuck with it now! 👀

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Vlad4747
Journeyman
Options

Very "nice" answer. I feel sorry for your loved ones once you allow yourself to communicate with people in this way.

Kreechor
First Poster
Options

It’s all too late for me. I’ve had a Samsung since the S2 and was determined to get the S22 Ultra, but read too many reviews like this and decided rightly or wrongly that customers outside the US had been sold a turkey without the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, so I’ve opted for my first Sony Xperia 1 IV which does have the Snapdragon 8. Only got it today, but so far (touch wood) it’s working perfectly. Having never had a Sony before it just thought it was time to explore the camera and gaming side of Sony. But, come the Samsung S23 or later I’ll probably be back, but the Sony had expandable memory, a headphone Jack and other things I’ve missed, so Samsung made the decision easy when they opted for the Exynos outside the US.

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I thought release is tomorrow for Europe 

0 Likes
amonster
Apprentice
Options

similar story. accidentally dropped my s20 and destroyed the screen, absolutely loved the phone so thought that alone would justify an upgrade as repairs are too expensive locally. the s22 has a possessed camera that just decides what it wants to do when you want to record or watch something in the gallery. I mean, yeah, it might be able to record in 8k, but if it doesn't record when you need to then what's the point, right? I'm gutted I wasted the money.