Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Latest update locked me out of my phone

(Topic created on: 27-07-2023 11:06 PM)
ridiculouslemon
Apprentice
Options
Unsure if anyone had a forced update today. I did, and as a result my pin to unlock my phone was unrecognised, forcing me to do a factory reset. I've lost everything that wasn't backed up to Google, which is surprisingly quite a lot
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ridiculouslemon
Apprentice
Options
I know it's sad to say, and 100% a first world problem but I've lost ao much information, add the stress and inconvenience on top! Mobile phone companies have made it so you have your life on your phone, and take no responsibility when their update locks you out of your life. I am so furious 😞
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @ridiculouslemon  I am aware that this has happened to some customers  and realise  frustrating but it is rare after updates.  Did you try Find My Mobile, though would need to have the Remote Unlock set up.  Best to ensure this is activated for the future and you can unlock your Device remotely via another Device.  More information here https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-unlock-my-galaxy-device-if-i-forgo... 

Generally it is best to regularly back up to both cloud and local storage.  (at least have more than one backup).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .

0 Likes