Journeyman
Options
Thanks Samsung, you're the best! Merry Christmas 🎄🎁

Don't rush with the updates, you enjoy yourselves 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Lee_AV , It helps to specify the specific problems you are experiencing and any Trouble shooting you have tried?  Are apps on the latest updates?   However it is recommended to wipe the cache partition/repair apps from the Recovery Menu after updates(particularly major ones), have you done this?  clearing the cache deletes temporary files (some can become corrupted ) but keeps Data intact.

Whilst can be frustrating sometimes a Factory Reset is necessary (must ensure Data is backed up before contemplating this).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Lee_AV
Journeyman
Options
I'm not sure why I have to take time out of my busy schedule to fix something broken by the manufacturer who happily took £1200 of my money?
In no other industry is this acceptable. If I buy a car, and the manufacturer services it and it no longer goes around corners, I'm not asked to take the steering components apart myself and try and make it work.
Why can't Samsung sanity check their software before massively inconveniencing their customers?
Literally sick to the back teeth of it....
No, I'm not going to factory reset my phone. I would like Samsung to patch this absolute disgrace of an update.

I don't need to tell you what problems I'm experiencing, you just have to scroll down the S22 thread.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@JAMES4578 is a customer of Samsung, same as you. He is trying to help you here but if you won't share the issues, nothing anyone can do.

From my own perspective, I've had little issue with One UI6 since beta 3 to stable version, but one thing I did do was to Wipe Partition Cache. Some scoff at this but it does tidy up many issues, especially if you haven't done it for a long time.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am aware of the general issues (not the same for everyone).  if issue of restarts can also try in Safe Mode  in cases of restarts.  

Actually there is fairly significant testing, whether that is extensive enough is another matter.  There will be patches at some point, advisable  for those with pressing issures to send Error Reports.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Lee_AV
Journeyman
Options
I mean no disrespect and certainly appreciate any help from the community, but my general point is, we shouldn't have to have discussions like this.
Like it or not, mobile phones have become indispensable. I'm self employed, I have to field multiple calls a day, look up information online, download manuals etc...
I now have a phone that can barely make calls, shows 'emergency calls only' whilst simultaneously showing full signal and 5g.
I'd say I have data working 5% of the time and it's inconsistent as to where or when.
Factory resetting will be massively inconvenient, and when it's caused by incompetence it just makes it even more maddening.

Incidentally, I can't clear the cache. Phone won't go into service mode regardless of what cable I use plugged into a pc... Phone just turns on as normal. I'm doubtful it would help though looking at others with similar symptoms.

This post wasn't looking for help, more just a way of venting. I have called Samsung, and had the usual 'sorry for the inconvenience, it'll probably be fixed in the next 3 weeks' ...... Helpful 🙄
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
cosmik
Apprentice
Options

Your issue sounds different to the one I encountered on 6.0 (UI slowness/lag in responsiveness). Just in case, my solution: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-huge-slowdowns-ui-freezes-after-upgrade-to...

0 Likes
SingleMuminaRUT
First Poster
Options

Z Flip 4 - purchased December 2022, 

@Lee_AV - how's things going with your device? Were you able to get it back to the way it was or .. I'm terrible at concisely wording what I'm trying to say - or were you able to get your phone to at least basic usability? [Not back to normal but semi usable] 

I 100% feel you!!! 10 minutes after the update completed my phone appeared to start rebooting. However,  it actually went into a reboot loop which is something  I hae NEVER encountered until then. It finally came up with an error that the only way the phone could be recovered was to wipe the partition which was really disappointing because at that point there's no way to back everything up for a final time. Obviously if I wanted working phone I was going to have to go through with it and I did but as I waited for it to come back up, I just grew more and more angry. Excluding verified security related updates, we should be able to opt out of aesthetic/design/layout overhauls. Instead, spend stupid amounts of money, albeit voluntarily, for devices only for Samsung to say, we do what WE want to OUR devices and you get ZERO say.  When the phone did come back up, it was as though I just got it from the store and was setting it up for the first time. I couldn't remember the Wi-Fi password and was just going to use mobile data but it said I would have to verify my Wi-Fi because there was an unauthorized attempt to wipe the partition, delete phone contents or something to that effect. Reading that caused 🤯🤯🤯. My head spun around and blew off. I thought this cannot be happening. This sounds like attempts to scam people via text message saying things like there was not authorized attempt to gain access to your account you'll need to click this link to verify. Granted it wasn't asking me to click any link but I thought, this device JUST BLEEPIN TOLD ME I needed to wipe the partition in order to recover the device buuuut now it's saying my doing that was unauthorized?!! Since I am very particular about making sure I always back everything up, I thought wait a minute I can restore everything from my backups and felt a sense of relief.  Said relief was very short lived as it restored some things but not everything, one of which being my gallery backups. I had very specific folders including document screenshots I was keeping for record purposes and most importantly, pictures of my children,  I was desperately needing to save, pictures of my children - one of which we have not seen each other nine years due to parental alienation. Since Samsung chooses to operate without integrity, we need laws regulating mobile device manufacturers for these exact situations. If/when a customer's device is corrupted, erased or rendered less usable than at time of purchase as a direct result of manufacturer forced update, said manufacturer, or manufacturer of applicable internal hardware, should HAVE to remedy it. Granted, we should not NEED laws to regulate any consumer product/service company because they should be operating with integrity BECAUSE it is the right thing to do. However, that is extremely rare in today's society. In addition, Samsung has the number one worst customer-no service I've EVER had the misfortune of dealing with and because I have never had the desire to join Apple's cult, I've continued with Samsung devices. I've since learned my lesson and will never EVER buy another Samsung device again. I won't buy Apple either however, if I do ever buy another phone, it will be a basic non dumb-phone. 

Help our experiences can help those considering Samsung to fully understand what they could potentially be getting themselves into so they are informed, wisely choosing not to purchase a Samsung device.

Tiffany

Lee_AV
Journeyman
Options
@SingleMuminaRUT your description is maddening, it made me hugely frustrated for you.... what a joke.

In respect of mine, It's had two 'security' patches since, one interestingly was today.
The first one definitely improved things, but I would say I'm missing half of incoming calls... I know this as I've had to run my Galaxy watch in GSM mode alongside my phone and half the time the watch will ring and the phone will ignore the fact a call is happening.
We'll see what this one today has done over the next few days, but it still didn't have 'bug fixes' in the description.....

The saga continues
0 Likes