Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set photos at regular intervals to make a timelapse?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2023 02:24 AM)
Members_rYVKF8K
First Poster
Options

Hello, I want to make a timelapse of the night sky on the S22 with photos at set intervals. However I cannot see an option to do this. You can make a sped up video but not multiple photos. Is there any way of achieving this? Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CaterpillarT
Journeyman
Options

Samsung has really been highlighting astrophotography for the S23.

But I have found that there was an update for S22 in Malaysia that enabled a camera mode for astrophotography too. Here's the XDA article which is a bit more detailed that might help you get started. 

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not something I have ever done but I believe there are several free time lapse camera apps that you can download from play store to make your own time lapse projects using your phone? Might be worth searching Galaxy and Google play store see what's available I hope this helps
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some time laps apps listed here which might be useful, a few not compatible with Android though. https://fixthephoto.com/best-time-lapse-apps.html 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Samiul_Islam
First Poster
Options

Yes, it is possible to create a timelapse by setting photos at regular intervals. In fact, it is a common technique used to capture and condense long periods of time into a shorter video sequence. Here's how you can do it:

1. Set up your camera: Mount your camera on a stable tripod to ensure that it remains steady throughout the timelapse. Adjust the camera settings, such as exposure, focus, and white balance, based on your desired outcome.

2. Plan your intervals: Determine the interval at which you want to capture photos. This interval will depend on the speed of the action you want to capture and the duration of the final timelapse. For example, you might take a photo every 5 seconds or every minute.

3. Use an intervalometer or camera timer: To automate the process, you can use an intervalometer, which is a device that connects to your camera and triggers the shutter at your specified intervals. Some cameras also have built-in intervalometer features or timers that you can set.

4. Start capturing photos: Once you have everything set up, start the timelapse by initiating the intervalometer or timer. Let the camera capture photos at the specified intervals for the desired duration. It's important to keep the camera stable and undisturbed during the entire process.

5. Post-processing: After capturing the series of photos, you will need to import them into software capable of creating a timelapse. Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or free software like Windows Movie Maker or Lapse It can be used for this purpose. Import the photos, adjust the settings if necessary, and export the final timelapse video.

Remember, the duration of the final timelapse video will depend on the number of photos captured and the playback speed. The more photos you have, the smoother and longer the timelapse will be.

Creating a timelapse can be a fun and creative way to capture the passage of time in a visually engaging manner. So grab your camera, find an interesting subject, and start experimenting with timelapse photography! Get Photo Retouching Service for portrait.

0 Likes