Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody else unhappy with their S22 device?

(Topic created on: 20-05-2022 09:11 AM)
Joemile
Explorer
Options
Previously I owned a galaxy S10 for nearly 3 years and it was a brilliant device and rarely had an issues.

I decided to 'upgrade' to the regular S22 and my god this device is a peice of *****.

It constantly force closes apps, camera always lags when taking photos, I keep getting random freezes & restarts when answering calls, it gets really hot doing simple tasks like it's about to explode, battery life is 4hrs SOT maximum with mediocre usage and I've given up trying to upload videos to Instagram, it has a 99% chance of freezing the device for 10 minutes and tendering it unusable until it crashes and force restarts itself.

I paid £800 for another 'premium' device from Samsung and received this bundle of ***** with a badly made chip due to Samsungs 10% exynos yield rate.

I've been waiting for 3 months hoping updates will make it better but it hasnt.

I'm honestly considering returning the device completely. Where do I stand on getting a full refund after owning the device for 3 months?
20 REPLIES 20
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
My experience is the complete opposite, it seems like you have a rouge app or process running in the background using your phone's resources up. Have you checked to see what is running in the background?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The cooling off period if bought from Samsung.com in the UK is 21 days.

After that Samsung only offer warranty support.

Have you tried > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict @Joemile 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Joemile
Explorer
Options
Yes.. the exact same apps as my S10
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I returned mine on day 2 and bought a s21 fe 256gb snapdragon, I prefer this over the s22 but this phone isn't without faults either, I'm really disappointed that call recording is not enabled .. more so now Google are disabling api's for 3rd party developers.

Absolutely no response from samsungs ask a question or error reports
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Mine has been a dream(s22 exynos).
I've never had any issues to speak of but I have only owned it a short while.
Saying that my s21 ultra (also exynos) has also been brilliant and I've owned that for 15 months now.
I've always religiously performed partition cache wipe and apps booster after every update,but other than that I use my phone as intended.Screenshot_20220512-120117_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options
Return it while you can.

I tried their support so many times and they come back with generic response that nothing is wrong with the phone.

Anybody not facing any issue, can you guys please install twitter and swipe up fast and see if your scroll stops with stutter or not?

For me regular day to day use has that stutter every now and then. Only apps smooth for me are Google feed + YouTube.
0 Likes
ToBeOrNotToBe
Pioneer
Options
It is by far the worst device since the S6. It's like an interm phone made up of spares thanks to the pandemic and the cancelled Note. GPS is terrible, quick share with other Samsung devices doesn't work 50% of the time, screen is not as good as the S21 Ultra, CPU is just slow, 5G is slow, S pen is a 90's legacy attachment nobody uses or cares about, battery drain is ridiculous compared to the S21 Ultra...

Overall I regret upgrading as this device is shameful from Samsung, they know this and just cannot fix the issues. 8 months till my upgrade.
pethead
First Poster
Options

I'm also extremely disappointed with my S22.  I upgraded from an S10e which I found to be a great device.  This device on the other hand - 

Poorer battery life than my 3 year old S10e. Certain apps, esp Sotify, Sonos & Chrome, keep freezing. Vibrate mode so weak it's useless. Battery saver mode on permanently.  All non essential apps in sleep or deep sleep mode. WiFi reception also appears poorer than the S10e.  Unfortunately out of the 21 day return period. Definitely the last Samsung I'll be buying.

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Sorry to hear you're having problems. 

I've bought the last four or five top of the line S or Note phones and have been happy.  There have been issues but nothing like you've had. 

When I read the issues in the initial post, my first thoughts went to a problem app and not the phone itself.

On one of my previous phone's, I downloaded a questionable app and had issues I couldn't resolve.  I was forced to reinstall everything except that app, and that was my solution. 

I had what I thought was an issue on one of my previous phones re the camera 108 MP setting. It turned out it was me not understanding that a sensor that large required slightly more processing time, a tripod would have made those interior shots better.  

Regarding the battery in my S22 Ultra, my previous phones were better.  I'm home most of the day and have wireless charging pads in several places, so it's not an issue.  

When Samsung introduces the next models, I'll trade up again. (I have the money and life is short.) 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
Members_gCeHDvf
Student
Options

My S22 is my first ever Samsung device (always had OnePlus phones), which I bought mainly as I really loved the idea of a reasonably-sized flagship, and I'm sick of phablets OnePlus and every other manufacturer are selling these days.
I have to say I love pretty much everything about it - except for the battery life. Ironically battery life was the main reason I wanted a new phone in the first place - but this provided almost no improvement over my previous 3.5-years-old device, and is bad enough to make me seriously question my purchasing decision 😒

0 Likes