Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Instagram & Tiktok video quality

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 09:25 PM)
trm_
First Poster
Options

Dear All,

its been 4 months since I'm using the S22 5G. (It was a bad decision to buy the phone, I have many problems with it, my worst mobile phone ever.)

Now, the two new problems: uploading videos to Instagram and Tiktok. The colors of the video uploaded are totally different I can see on the phone screen. 

It is not the app's problem, it seems the phone using like a filter or special color tone to enhance the vids, but the apps are not understanding it. I see the similar effect at other users videos, so I'm not the only one having this problem. I contacted the support at both side, and they were unable to help. On other phones the video uploading works fine, no color problems.... If there are a color enhancement or filter the phone is using, how on earth it can be switched off? All of the video colors totally wrong on other devices, only the S22 can play it with its original colors 😞 

If this would be the only one problem with this sh...box I will deal with it, but this is the top of all 😞

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lugochild
Student
Options

Yeah it completely cooks the videos. I just turned off HDR10+ in the Samsung camera settings and this seems to fix it.Seems like however Samsung encodes it's HDR10+ videos is *****.

Open your camera app > settings > advanced video options and turn off HDR10+

This fixed the problem for me.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know about TikTok
But with Instagram
Go into settings
Then account
Go into Mobile Data Use
In this you can select upload in highest quality. This is turned off by default with android phones
0 Likes
trm_
First Poster
Options

The problem is not with quality. The problem is the colors of the video. The uploaded video has a total different color scheme like the original.

Seems the samsung phone has using its own color scheme when shooting videos and other apps are just don't seem to understand it. The problem getting worse when trying to upload videos shot in darker scenes or lighted rooms. In this situations the phone trying to get better image but the apps just can't use it. 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've not noticed myself this issue. But I don't often do videos.
Will have to have a look and see.
0 Likes
trm_
First Poster
Options

Video on the phoneVideo on the phone

Here are some screenshots of the problem. The video on the phone screen and the video in the app. All apps are the same, not only Instagram or tiktok. It is a color scheme, codec or other problem - on the phone. 

Video when trying to uploadVideo when trying to uploadVideo on the phoneVideo on the phoneVideo when trying to uploadVideo when trying to upload

0 Likes
Solution
Lugochild
Student
Options

Yeah it completely cooks the videos. I just turned off HDR10+ in the Samsung camera settings and this seems to fix it.Seems like however Samsung encodes it's HDR10+ videos is *****.

Open your camera app > settings > advanced video options and turn off HDR10+

This fixed the problem for me.

0 Likes
trm_
First Poster
Options

Man, you saved a phone. I was going to throw it to the bin because of this...thanks!

0 Likes
Lugochild
Student
Options

Haha it lives to fight another day  🙌

0 Likes