Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I traded in my S 8 for the new S22 and am completley disappointed...

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 11:59 PM)
KC33
Student
Options

I traded in my S 8 for the new S22 and am completley disappointed. The new S22 freezes, battery runs down faster, no aux cord plug and no memory card. But the worst is after traveling on a plane the speakers don't work or sound so distorted I can't here anything for about a day. I have to use ear buds.  I was told the phone was probably defective and was sent a new one. Just got off the plane and again can't use the phones speakers. Anyone else experience this?,

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @KC33 

Sorry to hear your disappointed with your phone. 😞

In regards to the speakers please try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

The phone also has two built in diagnostic tools.

The first one is in your Samsung Members App under diagnostic.

The second is via launching the phone app and in the dialer tap in *#0*#

If the speakers are faulty then if still in your cooling off period ask for a replacement.

If your past this time frame then a Samsung Service Centre can help.

In regards to no aux plug which I call a charging brick then Samsung and other manufacturers have stopped providing these for quite a while with some phone's as it's deemed many have one already or some other avenue of charging i.e via a wireless charger if the phone has this feature or via power Banks and laptops etc.

It's implied not providing a charging brick or earphones cuts down on waste and lessens a manufacturers carbon footprint. People have their own personal opinion on this.

The option of an SD card has been removed from some models too which has been the case for quite a while hwhich has been documented on Samsung spec sheets and website along with info available across the Internet. 

There are online vaults that can be used now. I use Samsung Cloud and Dropbox.

As the phone's internal storage capacity cannot be increased it's best to purchase a phone with the largest capacity one can afford to future proof the purchase for the future.

It's always best to do good due diligence before purchasing so these features or indeed lack of them are known so an informed buying decision can be made.

Forums like these are also here to help.

A new phone's battery will take a few charge and discharge cycles before the battery optimises and reaches it's optimum output.

Also it can take 1-2 weeks for the phone to learn your usage which is it's learning phase.

You can check in the phone's Device Care section under battery to see what is using your battery.

There are some good battery saving tips that can be found by a forum search.

A Samsungs battery in my experience tends to drop pretty fast from 100 to around 80% and then stabilises.

Some good generic troubleshooting tips are....

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section which may help with lag and freezing.

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may help to highlight an app or theme thats causing clashes.

> Samsung Smartswitch can cause issues if information has been transferred over that way.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Return for a refud, as long as you hit the 21 days return period samsung will only offer repair your phone and that can take weeks...
0 Likes
KC33
Student
Options

I have already exchanged my phone and still have the same problem with the speakers. When I said aux I meant the speaker out put terminal which allowed me to connect to my older home stereo and car stereo and wired headphones. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Oops my bad @KC33 

Appreciate your viewpoint.

Sometimes bad luck happens with technology although to get the same issues twice is rare.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BuckyKenmore
Student
Options

Hi.  I just posted a complaint before I seen yours - my S7 seems way better than this S22.  This S22 has suspiciously been found dead - "0" percentage.  In my post, I also pointed out that overnight idling I'll wake up in morning, look at my phone, and battery level had dropped significantly.  And, just to think I may be at fault I closed all background data usage... and found little to no change.  I hope this is not "just a bad design".  Good luck to you.  I bought mine about a month and a half ago, so... good luck to me.

Members_H7cYavh
Student
Options

Got mine 2 weeks ago, had same problems but phone started to die requiring soft reset to start several times a day. I returned the S22 for exchange, have not heard a thing for over a week and order disappeared from my account. Now cancelling S22 order and returning TAB S8 with it. Will try the Oppo or Zen phone instead.