Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I still can't use my new phone

(Topic created on: 19-05-2022 12:59 AM)
Autokrator
Explorer
Options
My S22 Ultra is still locked. Haven't used it since I received it. Have tried multiple times to resolve this with Samsung but it is like pulling teeth.

Will never buy another Samsung product again!
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you elaborate as to why / how the phone is locked @Autokrator  ?

Is this perhaps due to a Trade In Phone not being received by Samsung to which we've seen has happened to a few people ?

If so then you will need to perservere with Samsung Customer Support in your region.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Was it locked straight out of the box? I am confused .
0 Likes
Autokrator
Explorer
Options
Hi mate. Basically I pre-ordered the phone early February, but was told it wouldn't be delivered until April. When it eventually arrived, I was away and as I'd traded in my Note10+ I missed the 2 week deadline to send in my current phone. When I turned the new phone on it said it would be locked in 72 hours, but when I woke up the following morning it was locked. So I can't use it, and I can't send in my current phone because I'll have no phone. So my S22 Ultra is still sitting there in the box. Basically I need them to unlock it temporarily so I can have a phone while I send this one in.

I've contacted various departments of Samsung and they are all completely useless, each sending me back and forth to each other, etc. Finally I got through to some woman and I don't know where she was from but I couldn't understand a word she was saying.

I honestly just can't be bothered any more. I don't have time for this hassle. I wish I hadn't bought the phone in the first place as it's just going to sit there and rot.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Can you offer to pay the full price, you keep the old phone, and it is unlocked? Then sell old phone elsewhere if need be. Assuming you want to keep the new phone and can't return it for refund. 

0 Likes
Autokrator
Explorer
Options
I could do that but I shouldn't have to do that. I'm not giving Samsung another penny ever again. I don't know if I can still send the Ultra back and get a refund? If I can, I would rather do that and buy from a different company... maybe get my first iPhone.

I am disgusted by Samsung. I didn't complain when I had to wait weeks after everyone else to get my new phone in the first place despite the fact I had pre-ordered it in February. They didn't even send me an e-mail reminder or anything.
0 Likes
M_Persick0
First Poster
Options

Weird when I ordered my phone from Samsung I was able to set it up from the comfort of my own house and once my new phone was set up then I sent the old phone back. it could be that missing the deadline has something to do with it after all there's probably a reason for it existing in the first place. 

0 Likes
Autokrator
Explorer
Options
Still can't use my new phone almost 5 months later. Samsung customer service is totally disgusting. My new phone that I paid over £1000 for is just sitting there in the box.
0 Likes