Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to turn off the green dot indicator

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 01:24 PM)
Lightgreen
First Poster
Options

Dear all . 

I just bought samsung s22 ultra and I would like to know how to turn off the green dot. It's annoying and I'm not interested in security features. Please help me 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is a feature of the Android software that Google have pushed out. This is something Samsung has no control over and all part of the Android improved security.
Google haven't provided a way of disabling this.
But it is handy to know when Apps are accessing your camera or microphone.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
As Glenntech rightly says Google hasn't provided a way of disabling this and it is a handy feature for many and the only workaround I could find on my S21 Ultra is to pull down your features tray on your phone and scroll to the last page of these and hit the '+' button and draw down your hidden camera access and microphone access features to the last page of your features tray where they will become active and turn blue.. Turn the access features off and they go grey or whatever and you will never see the green dot again as total access to both your camera and microphone is denied, BUT every time you launch your camera or microphone in any capacity now you will have to give your phone permission to use it which I have tried and it rapidly becomes a pain. If you do ever find evidence of or even just suspect any rogue app of spying on you in any way though then following this procedure will stop it from doing so although uninstalling the app would be easier of course.. Disabling the camera and microphone overnight at least may be very preemptive if you do have security concerns...👍Screenshot_20220305-102218_One UI Home.jpg
Milesey47
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks I've tried your advice but unfortunately doesn't work on my s22 ultra, the problem is now is I'm  currently in Legoland and I'm using their app which have some great AUGMENTED REALITY features. BUT!! because of Google green dot camera thingy we now can't access any of the AR features, for example Legoland have a ride called MYTHICA which outside is surrounded by creatures you can bring to life with AR on your phone.... but GOOGLE STOPS THIS!!!! This is highly frustrating and needs to be addressed because there's nothing worse than seeing the disappointment on my son's face. Anyway thanks for the advice, but I think I'll have to contact Google or Samsung.

Regards

John

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Good luck to you John. I am very sorry you had to see your Son so disappointed. Nothing cuts me deeper than seeing disappointment on the face of someone I love.
BandanaBandit
First Poster
Options
.. maybe give him a ball to go kick around outside 🤔 🤷
0 Likes