Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Samsung S22 Ultra camera

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 10:26 PM)
ERI_Sam
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I bought a Samsung S22 Ultra (UK version) as an upgrade from my Samsung Note 10+ However I'm having some issues with my camera and videos and wondering if anyone has encountered these and found a fix.

1) Camera: focus on one single item and blur the rest with the background even if Im not using the portrait mode. It is beautiful sometimes to have blur background but it's helpful to have the option to turn this off. When I need to take photos of a couple of items the camera will focus on the item in the middle of the screen and blurs the rest which is now really annoying. For instace, I took a photo of a table setting, the camera focused on the plate of food and blurred the rest of the dinner setting (such as drink and people). The focus enhancer icon is on when I do close up or when it detects a document but this doesnt solve the problem. I have tested by taking the same photo using my Samsung Note 10+ and Samsung S22 Ultra using the same where possible camera and display settings.

2) Videos: youtube still delays picture vs sound in the first second although this doesnt happen often but this was after I had installed the software update patch 1 April 2022.

3) Skin colour: on photos and videos (especially youtube) looks a lot more tanned/yellow than my Samsung Note 10+.

4) White background: appear slightly tinted pink compared to my Samsung Note 10+ and an older Samsung A50. I compared by using a full screen white photo on the screen. Is it supposed to be the new design on Samsung S22 Ultra to help our eyes? Or is it just my phone that shows white background slightly pink?

Many thanks for having read this far.

#SamsungS22Ultra

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have the screen setting in vivid or natural. Personally I prefer natural for the less boosted colours.
Be under display settings in screen mode
Have you tried using Pro mode for your camera. The larger aperture of the cameras over the Note 10 will give a more shallow depth of field look to images
In the Pro mode settings you can adjust focus settings and spot metering
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
When you take tour pic there's a yellow symbol on either corner, left should take the focus off
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Called focus enhancer
ERI_Sam
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I was trying not to use the Pro mode as I was hoping the digital standard setting will help me out. If I use the Pro mode, I guess I will need to manually adjust the aperture for every single shot, can I save this setting so that whenever I turn the Pro mode on, the aperture is set at the previous level? I will need to Google this...
0 Likes
ERI_Sam
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I have tried that too. But that yellow icon only shows up when I do close/ macro shots
0 Likes
bnahsy736
First Poster
Options

The camera problem is very common I was facing it from many months but at some point it starts working very smoothly I just have some concerns with it.

0 Likes
lyq
First Poster
Options

Have you found a fix for the camera to focus the whole photo frame instead of one object and leaving the background blur ?

0 Likes