Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Have Exynos-powered Samsung phones now had a Wi-Fi calling fix?

(Topic created on: 10-04-2023 10:37 AM)
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options

There is confusion over the Exynos-powered Samsung phones Wi-Fi calling vulnerability fix. There has been a lot of reports this will be fixed in the April update for the 22 series but at least one moderator has said to me they think they are still working on it. If so its not very good as they have had over four months now. Its unclear from the release notes what’s been fixed. Does anyone actually know if the fix was done for the 22’s this month or are we still waiting and open to a security problem if we use Wi-Fi calling?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
I had the software update for April this morning on my S22ultra and as far I'm aware it's mainly fixing the camera issues plus some security issues but they never really say what's in it as it doesn't mention any in the listing. I usually read what Sammobile.com says on his page but he hasn't mentioned a fix yet.
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
How long does it take them to fix a major security problem. My bank has said to disable Wi-Fi calling if I have there app in use but its being ignored in fixes.
Solution
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
Thanks, there information on fixing things is not very good if so many here don't know
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
There's also a vulnerability on the Exynos 1280 and that will get patched by this months update. But it's taking Samsung forever to release it globally. Plus I have switched off mobile WiFi calling and 5G LTE on the A53