Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy S22 "official" release day ! Enjoy your new S22 phone

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 01:05 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

If you were lucky enough to receive your phone earlier than today then that is a real bonus...getting the phone shipped early. I am personally just a bit jealous of your new S22 phones... particularly the S22 Ultra version in Green ! 😍

Remembering the release day last year of the S21 Ultra, there are a lot of similarities that repeat themselves during the phone release every year on year... in particular we also suffered early software overheating issues in January 2021, camera immaturity, and crashing out of the application due to overheating. We suffered battery problems where some were unlucky to only achieve ~ 3 hours of SOT, and we also suffered problems with some applications not working properly as they were previously written for the earlier android. I believe when you use smartsync to copy across all applications, then it does so in many ways without considering the android version the applications were intended. 

Some users seem to have no issues at all... and others seem to have many of those listed on the forum. I am certainly not questioning the validity of many of the errors being experienced and reported on here, and I sympathise with all those users that are currently suffering issues. 😐

I think for everyone spending a large amount of money on a new handset upon release day, it should be expected to at least work correctly. It is frustrating to spend such a large amount and find so many issues !! 

Alas, the reality with hardware beta testing is that many of the severe bugs may be carried out pre-release, it is actually only when the phones make it into the public domain in their millions, that some of these issues are then observed. 

This issue was the same with the S21 releases in Jan 2021, as well as the reported issues with the Pixel 6 series, and many other phones that are likely not as well documented. 

I would like to add that within a few updates on the S21 ultra phone, that the hardware and software stability was improved dramatically, camera application was optimised and the overall experience changed from 'frustrating' to 'Amazing'. There is reportedly a first update on its way for the S22 series to you very soon. Hopefully that will resolve some of the instabilities for you all 🤞😉

I think given a short amount of time, you will find your S22 phone will also become amazing... it will just take a little patience. In the meantime if you really do suffer many battery / heat / application issues you could consider the following:

- factory reset the phone, and do NOT use smartsync. This application has a lot to answer for, and a clean install whilst using Google play and samsung store to re-install all your apps again can ensure that there are no compatibility issues between apps... potentially causing battery draining and heat issues. Look at this as a 'spring clean' against your previous phone. If you haven't used the app in the past few months, then the likelihood is that it is not needed ! .

For info, you can also use google to backup your photos and contacts and resync them afterwards...

In my S21U experience i suffered many similar issues, and the use of smartsync was the cause of most of them. Enjoy your new phone, I hope all the issues are resolved quickly in updates, and please be kind to one another 

Smiley

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
2 REPLIES 2
MerseyP
Apprentice
Options

I've had my Ultra since Monday

I have screen issues with my ultra  Also speaker is terrible. TomTom go does not run, BBC Sounds intermittent. bluetooth problems.

Thing is Samsung can't give you a date for the update or updates I have phoned them had live chat and they have no idea.

So do I trade in my old phone and hope Samsung come up with an update for the inferior hardware in the European model?

Or do I keep the S22 Ultra and risk having a phone that I can't use?

Flagship phone?? The one I have isn't even at half mast. Its going Back

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry to hear that.

For interest, did you smart switch all your data from your previous phone ?

Most of what you describe are software issues which will be resolved in short order.

However you are right that a flagship should deliver on all counts. If you don't wish to wait it out... then good luck with your next phone. Or maybe go back to your old phone and consider rebuying the S22 when it is more stable.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes