Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gridlines on photos taken with Expert Raw

(Topic created on: 18-06-2022 11:49 AM)
Damo78
First Poster
Options

I've been trying to take some pics of the night sky recently with my S22 Ultra and Expert Raw, and last night got a few that I thought I was quite happy with. 

However, on coming to edit them in Adobe Lightroom, I noticed that there are grid lines on the image, even after saving it. They appear to be on the image itself as taken directly by Expert Raw. 

Is this intentional? And why, as it ruins the pictures? 

Is there a way to get rid of them? It's very annoying as last night could be the last clear night for a while, it was only when I came to edit them this morning that I noticed the lines.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Disable grid lines in app Settings 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Seems like a strange thing to have.
Grid lines should not be in the captured photo.
Is the App upto date with the latest software update?
Only thing I can think of is your capturing a screen shot instead of taking a photo

Maybe try going into settings and into Apps
Scroll to the expert raw app in the list
Tap on this
Go into storage and clear the cache.
If the problem persists, maybe clear the data as well

Maybe share a photo of what results you are getting
0 Likes
Damo78
First Poster
Options
Thanks both for the replies. I've now disabled grids in the app and will retry, but as Glenntech said seems strange that it would capture them in the shot.

I'll add an example below shortly.
0 Likes
Damo78
First Poster
Options
This is a (very badly) edited version from Lightroom. You can see the lines on unedited versions but before editing the photos are currently coming out very bright (lots of light polution) so the lines are almost invisible.20220618_001810_13628_1655538162.jpg
0 Likes
Henry40
First Poster
Options

I'd thought the clouds looked a bit unusual tonight on my walk. I attempted to take a picture of them but the shots were all black. Adjusting the light balance of one I saw this even more peculiar geometric shape. This thread revealed the closest relatable image I've found so far. 

20220827_211411.jpg

0 Likes
Henry40
First Poster
Options

Here it is unedited: 

20220827_211411.jpg

unedited 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Henry40: That's very strange. Are you only encountering this issue with images captured using Expert RAW, or is it persistent across all camera modes? To troubleshoot the issue, please try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your S22. If the issue persists you may wish to head to the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top left > Scroll to the bottom of the list of options > Reset settings > Reset. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Henry40
First Poster
Options

No need. It hasn't before or since. Just interesting. 

0 Likes