Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet Your phone isn't doesn’t meet security requirements

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 06:07 PM)
harpellipsis
Explorer
Options
Hi

Has anyone had this issue where Google Wallet worked fine. Then wouldnt work when using it. Coming up with 

Your phone isn't doesn’t meet security requirements

I contacted google support and they said to contact samsung first

I use an s22 ultra

Last software update 14th sept
Last google wallet update 22nd sept

Google wallet worked fine yesterday up until the late afternoon. As soon as i used it after and even today shows this security device error.

My cards work fine when using my samsung galaxy 5 watch.

So seems like a phone device issue

9 REPLIES 9
Andreas_S22u
Student
Options
I am having the same exact problem. I can't use my phone for cotactless transactions. This problem occured after installing the latest software update on the 23rd of September.
harpellipsis
Explorer
Options
Its weird as i tried it just now at a costa and it worked. Not sure if intermittent
0 Likes
SAL71
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem. Got caught short on Saturday with this error but had been working fine until then. Very annoying
JasonJW
First Poster
Options
Same issue, working fine on my watch
0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

@harpellipsis There's a similar thread relating to this same issue from last year with a fix here-

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/google-pay-suddenly-not-working/td-p/4433161

Let us know if this solution works so we can pass this on to others having the same issue!

0 Likes
harpellipsis
Explorer
Options
Hey. So its still intermittment for me. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesnt. Thought i was past the issue as had success all yesterday and half of today. And now just had a decline. Started carrying my wallet with me for the first time in years. Maybe this is a plot to get people to use Samsung Pay.

I saw the thread suggested. But it says to delete cards and add again. I dont want to do that right now. When ive deleted a card and readded it in the past. Ive found it causes issues on refunds from physical stores. As the virtual card number or whatever changes. And at the moment i bought some stuff i may refund. But if i delete the card and readd. It will mean store credit only. Would be good to know what the issue is really.

Ive never had any issues in many years. But when you have these it makes you think you should always have a physical card on you. Which is obviously annoying.
0 Likes
X4V13R
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem, had anyone contacted Samsung already? It all started with the Samsung OS update it looks like it is not recognised by wallet.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
Mine also had the same problem too. Somehow i was trying to pay for a snack at the vending machine and somehow my phone does not meet it's security requirements for contactless payment. According to google play on the about section, it says that my play protect is not certified. Does yours say that too?
0 Likes