Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Sound: No Bass over bluetooth

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 09:22 PM)
Icerunner
Apprentice
Options

First off: huge Samsung fan here. Since the S6 or so I think I've gotten all flagship phones, none skipped. So, when the S22 Ultra came, I had to get it. Every year things get a little better. That is - if you don't regard the sound...

In short: the S22 Ultra has a problem producing bass, over bluetooth. I don't know if it is the same when using an USB-C-to-aux - I think not. Because normally I listen to spotify with android auto - and that works fine. I've got a car with amazing bass - a joy to listen to music. BUT: if I step into my wife's car, where I use bleutooth, the music is completely flat. The bass is lacking, even radio-music has got more bass. In the beginning I thought it was her car, triggering the wrong bluetooth-audio profile or something (it sounds almost like it's still on a phonecall-profile). However, it turns out it's on all bluetooth devices. I just bought a Sony MHX4, specifically because of the bass-oriented sound: FLAT.

I read a lot, I tried a lot (Dolby on/off, experimenting with the Developer setting etc) - nothing. There is something wrong with the bluetooth-audioprofile. For the first time in many years, I found myself overthinking of switching brands, because my S22 Ultra makes my Sony headphones completely unusable 😞

Samsung: please fix this, keep your longtime fans happy!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Its the car that has no base. Let me guess factory fitted headunit with rubbish ĺBluetooth. You may need to get a aftermarket head unit for your wife's car or stick a amp and sub in there if you want base with a standard headunit with rubbish Bluetooth or turn the base up in the headunits audio settings.
0 Likes
Icerunner
Apprentice
Options

Haha, great solution skills there! Trolls will be trolls... 

Both cars have tremendous bass, both have high-end speakersystems. One of the two systems is even praised by hifi enthousiasts for it's superb soundquality with deep rich bass 🤪 (19 speakers driven by a 1400 watt high-class amplifier, all B&W).

The bass, when driven by a correct source, is stomachsickening deep and clean. 

But, maybe more convincing for you: the problem is completely gone when using the S21 or below, or when using the Android Auto connection in one of the two cars (the other car only supports Carplay). 

0 Likes