Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra main lens is very blurry

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 02:17 PM)
stngeragent
First Poster
Options

So I just started noticing this after updating to Android 13. Anytime I use the main 1x camera, the picture is extremely blurry except in the center. It acts like it is in portrait mode but it's in normal photo mode. Switching to ultra wide, 3x, or 10x the problem goes away and everything is sharp and clear.  Things I have tried

Using camera raw / instagram - same issue

Resetting camera cache, entire phone cache, and complete factory reset (x2)- same issue

Made 1000% sure im not in portrait mode. Reset all camera settings to default - same issue

Cleaned the exterior of all the lenses - same issue. 

This is so disappointing as I picked this phone for the camera and now the main lens is more or less useless. Phone hasn't been dropped, submerged in water or anything. I'm relatively certain this issue only started after updating to android 13 last week but unfortunately you can't roll back to 12 once you upgrade. I tried the *#0#* thing, chose megacam, the issue still remains and it's only on the main lens. Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Tina2009
Navigator
Options
Yes, Android 13 had also messed up my camera. It is pretty much in Samsung DNA. They always mess up the camera. Did the same with S10 plus and S21 ultra
Members_ZYM9Zbo
First Poster
Options

Just faced the same issue after updating the S22 ultra phone in the weekend. Willing to take pictures on my dads funeral today but facing the same issues as above mentioned. Really annoying...wish testing would have done better which could have prevented this one.

moshun
Student
Options

I am facing the exact same issues. It's so embarrassing to have spent so much on this phone that has all these crazy lenses, yet fails at taking normal photos in 1x! I really hope they get to fixing this issue as I got this phone with the camera being a big incentive.

Doniffy
Explorer
Options

I am experiencing the same issue thought it was messy lenses at first but it wasn't. Hope they get this sorted!! I have had nothing but issues with my Samsung S22 Ultra.  When you pay around £1300 for a phone you don't expect this many issues!!! Always been Samsung but this phone has been nothing other than a pain in the backside. Seriously considering other options if samsung don't sort these issues out.

1310crash
Student
Options
I came from a pixel 7 pro and that was having similar issues so came to S22 ultra and seem to having similar issues . Think must be a software issue
TAVegg
First Poster
Options

Thank god it's not just my phone. My S10+ battery failed before xmas, so i bought the s22 ultra due to the camera specs and RAM, but all my pictures from xmas and new year got blurry in normal 1x mode. Tried to switch off scene optimization and change from 3:4 to 3:4 108mp, but no difference. So now i had to google it and must say I'm disappointed that Samsung have not fixed the issue on their top model 2 months after the first reported issue. For the price i expected top notch camera, but my s10+ camera was so much better.

MikeDrop
First Poster
Options
Literally had nothing but problems with this phone. Most apps don't work correctly, and the camera is trash. So disappointing "upgrading" from the S10, only to find out it was better than the one 12 above it.
0 Likes
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Same here. Is there any fix for this?

0 Likes
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Bump...?

0 Likes