Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:26 AM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
Mila2555
First Poster
Options

I don't have problems with the sound Actually I think is amazing! At least that for me, Im not a gamer user but I like to use my phone alot in social medias, picture and videos. I never thought that go back to samsung will be so disappointing 🥲 about the battery, nd I went ti the store where I bought it  theybtold me the same that I should wait a week but I dont know I really like the phone, is a shame 🥲 I was hopping that the problem was just in my phone cuz I been charging it twice and 3 times a day 🥲

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

It's a real shame that Samsung quality and bang for the buck has gone so far down hill. 

At one time you got a lot of features, like the heart rate monitor, UV sensor, blood oxygen monitor all included with the phone. Now they want you to buy their watches, so they leave those features out and charge you more for the phone. 

The battery life is just unforgivable!  

Motorola, on the other hand used to be number 1 in phone quality. They are slowly creeping back up! 

0 Likes
Vu Nguyen
Pathfinder
Options

Well, is the Android 13 any better?  And the S23 is around the corner 🤣.  If you have S22 trading to S23 won't be expensive but not sure the battery problem follows the S23 :-).  

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

I won't buy another Samsung phone  unless other people have had it for quite some time and ot proves to have good sound and battery life. 

I doubt if the S23 Ultra will be nothing more than a modified rebadged S22 Ultra just for marketing purposes. Still has the same size battery. 

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

Time to top off my battery. I hate this phone!  

0 Likes
Helpingmatters
First Poster
Options

I experienced the same and then got the reason for it why it's doing it and it was Samsung health which uses the battery even though it's not in use while u walk or run....

0 Likes
Helpingmatters
First Poster
Options

there is a trick that will help u... personally helped me a little with the battery cos it sucked for me too... go to settings then about phone then software information then click on google play system update and ur phone will opt for a restart to complete the update... second thing turn 5g to 4g even u don't use it... third close the Samsung health app running at the background and also close the GPS if not in use.... surely u will feel a difference.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

I just did the Google Play System update. Hope it helps. I would have thought that Google would prompt you when it requires an update...   Thanks. 

0 Likes
Helpingmatters
First Poster
Options

no it doesn't pop up for update u have to do manually...it helped me and i dan feel the difference in battery timing.... u too will feel it specially when the phone is idle it wont drain as before

0 Likes
bl0kebr0ke
First Poster
Options

actually the Ultra also refers to the battery:

ultra lousy battery life... LOL

can't even last half a day

0 Likes