Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:26 AM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options

For the best Results
1)Wipe Cache twice before update after update ..
2)All apps must to be updated also play store etc.
3)Procesing speed must to be setup to Maximum also we can add rules with bixby rountines.

The last thing we need wait for some updates from the Samsung nowScreenshot_20220304-140242_Bixby Routines.jpgScreenshot_20220304-141537_Geekbench 5.jpgScreenshot_20220304-135039_Geekbench 5.jpg
0 Likes
notoriousNXN
Pioneer
Options
If your getting 3 hours of screen on time only then your device is 100% defective - could turn on every power saving option on the phone and it wouldn't change that fact.

I got 8 hours yesterday. 75% WiFi rest 4G. FHD 120hZ. Optimized power setting

^ for reference on what you should be getting
Adrr556
Explorer
Options
I don't think it is as I've had a similar issue with my Pixel 5 where I thought it was faulty as it was draining too fast and got a replacement after a week and it did the same thing. It suddenly improved a fee updates later.

This feels like software to me as the disgnosists all indicate the battery is fine. I think it's google play services as it's always top of the battery usage for any hour I look at unless I manage to outcompete it with e.g. heavy YouTube.
notoriousNXN
Pioneer
Options
I did a fresh install (was coming from an iPhone 13 pro) have you tried that instead of from a backup?
0 Likes
Adrr556
Explorer
Options
Fresh install both times. The only thing imported was SMS and Call logs using SMS backup and restore.
0 Likes
Euro_rapp
Explorer
Options

well this doesnt help since the SD versions have no issues. Its an issue with the crappy Exynos chip. It is an well know issue with the Exynos which are inferior to the Snapdragon. Nothing helped and even the latest update didnt fixed anything.

GBBG
Explorer
Options
I reset the phone and restored from Samsung cloud instead of smart switch. Big difference Screenshot_20220305-125649_Geekbench 5_62_1646485009.jpg
0 Likes
GBBG
Explorer
Options
Anyone know why the would hide my post about the battery? Screenshot_20220305-125913_Samsung Members_63_1646485154.jpgScreenshot_20220305-130125_Samsung Members_64_1646485285.jpg
0 Likes
Adrr556
Explorer
Options
I think I might have fixed it following a post elsewhere about the S21.

Went to settings > about phone > software information > click on Google play system update. I was on the February update but clicked on check updates and it brought up a 74kB update. Cleared play services cache and rebooted.

Unplugged at 100% and lost 4% over 8 hours sleep and system settings predicted 1 d 19 hours when I woke up based on idle. Using it today and it does seem a lot better but potentially a fix.
0 Likes
Mezzz
Pathfinder
Options
I'm trying the Google play system update to see if this helps.

Had S22 ultra a week and I'm really disappointed with the battery life