Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 02:13 PM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options

Hello. You must close apps on background, turn on adaptive power saving, disable fingerprint always on, disable face lock to prevent camera usage, etc. Hope this helps.

weskerevil
Voyager
Options
Stuck mine on ebay as its *****, too slow battery is rubbish
GBBG
Explorer
Options
This is with everything off such as location, 120hz blah blah.

This needs sorting. The charge time aswell is so slow. Samsung are absolutely frauding us. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Adrr556 

Mine isn't warming up like yours.

From my own experience Samsung phone batteries seem to drop pretty fast and then level out at around 85% 

If you haven't already then consider cleaning the phone's system file cache.

Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

This us a known generic troubleshooting tip.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You shouldn't have to be turning Off features to attain a good battery usage time @GBBG 

Battery stats are subjective as we all set up and use our phone's differently. 

I agree the charging time feels to be slower even when fast charging is selected.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GBBG
Explorer
Options
I know but if I'm out the house and the battery just dies so fast. This is the worst Samsung I've had for battery, lagging, glitches, crashing all the time. I have not many apps on the device also. So frustrating.
GBBG
Explorer
Options
Anyone know about scores? Screenshot_20220304-142209_Geekbench 5_41912_1646403729.jpgScreenshot_20220304-142239_Geekbench 5_41913_1646403759.jpg
0 Likes
Adrr556
Explorer
Options
Ive only ever had Nexuses / Pixels. Only hoppped over to Samsung as the Pixel 6 Pro modem was sapping my battery dry. Modem is a lot better on the S22U but I can't explain this battery drain.

I've already cleared the cache partition, reset play services snd cleared the cache of the play store and the Google app. It has gotten a bit better but it's been a week since the factory reset. Seeing people get 7+ hours SoT and I struggle with 2-3.
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
I know it doesn't help you guys but I'm just sooo pleased I stuck with my s21 Ultra!