Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 update causing game app to crash.

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 11:07 AM)
Jholley93
First Poster
Options

I have literally tried everything trying to get my game to work again once the October 26th update took place. The game I have is installed from the Play Store and is verified. It's worked since around May or June this year a few months after I got the new phone. Ever since the update, the game crashes within fifteen minutes of play and does it countless times regardless of restarting, cache clearing, data clearing, app repair function, etc. First I contacted Bandai as it's their game and followed the troubleshooting steps over and over. Then I contacted my internet provider who showed no issues on their end. Then I took the phone to a certified Samsung repair shop who only replaced the battery and charge port, as precaution since it wasn't charging right, and the next step would be to replace the motherboard but I'm starting to think it's the update causing problems. Other players have had issues since the update (the game updated around then as well so it coincided with the Android 13 update) but it's too much of a coincidence that it was just the game and not their OS as well. My boyfriend has zero issues on his iPhone. I reached out to Samsung who wants me to go without a phone for two weeks to mail it in but I can't do that when work calls me in sometimes. I just did a factory reset last night yet it still does it!! I've gone through dozens of threads trying to figure out the issue but I can't narrow it down. People have other issues from the update so I feel it's on Samsung's end. The chat people are useless because they tell me to try everything I've already done and I've done just about everything I can do, both on the phone end and regarding the app.Screenshot_20221111_063300_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20221111_063300_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20221111_063250_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20221111_063250_Device care.jpg

Please help!! 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Jholley93 ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having issues playing this game on your phone after the update. Is this the only game being affected by that? Have you checked if there are any game update son the Google Play Store> Type the game name on the search box at the top of the screen> Update (if available)? 

I have also had a look at the app comments there and seen that some users are mentioning that this has been under maintenance recently and they have experienced some issues with the game crashing.  I know that you have already done that, but would you be able to reach the provider to see if they are aware of this?

0 Likes
Jholley93
First Poster
Options

Hi, TessM

This is the only game I play apart the occasional use of the pre installed Solitaire game. I've checked for updates in the Play Store, everything is updated (It won't let you play the game until you update it in the store anyways) and it just recently updated too. It runs on the recommended settings and I've even shut off some features in an attempt to lessen the strain on the phone. 

I have reached out to Bandai and let them know that other players had issues and they said they would check the updates for potential bugs and release a statement under the Maintenance update tab of the game if anything was found. So far nothing has shown up and no further complaints have been made about exact issues. Those players had different problems such as security issue, returning to the main screen, etc. Mine just flat out closes out in under fifteen minutes. 

0 Likes