Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 gyroscope/accelerometer issue

(Topic created on: 17-01-2023 02:28 AM)
krris9
Navigator
Options

Hello,
On 10/24 I upgraded my S22 to A13 and since then I have had some annoying problem with it.
Every few hours there is a problem with the gyroscope/accelerometer on my phone. When I hold the phone vertically, the screen rotates horizontally (and vice versa) - the easiest way to see it in the camera app when the icons are in the wrong orientation. When I restart the phone, the problem goes away for a few hours.
I did a hard reset twice. Today I have flashed the phone after odin and nothing helped - the problem keeps coming back.
I didn't drop my phone or hit with it, so it's more likely a software problem (especially since the problem disappears after a reboot).

I have no more ideas what I can do to fix this. ☹️ I suspect that sending the phone to the service will end up the same - the service will upload the software again and say that the problem is solved, and it will not be true...

Have any of you encountered this problem and managed to solve it?

17 REPLIES 17
krris9
Navigator
Options

Hopefully the next update will fix our annoying problem... Report yours bugs, let them see, there are more of us.

Have any of you tried to send the phone to the service?

0 Likes
Members_kd8m4i0
Student
Options

THANKS for speaking about this

I am having the same issue and I'll return my S22 if it doesn't get fixed in 30 days and never buying another samsung

0 Likes
Members_kd8m4i0
Student
Options

after a factory reset the accelerometer works normally on my S22

0 Likes
krris9
Navigator
Options

@Members_kd8m4i0  I did two resets - first in the phone menu, second in recovery menu. None helped for more than a few hours. ☹️

0 Likes
Members_kHbKnte
First Poster
Options

Hello, i have the same problem as well, nothing helps. Its very annoying. Anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
TJGosselin
First Poster
Options

I did the test and it came back as 'FAIL'. My two biggest issues are with screen rotation and the camera!

1) The screen rotate rarely works on my phone at this point, and

2) I can't really use the camera because the screen shakes and jerks around continuously while I'm trying to take a picture or record a video. That's all the time too, even if I have the phone on a tripod or locked in position. (FTR - Turning the stabilizer function on doesn't make any difference whatsoever)

*The screen rotate issue started a few months after I got the phone. It started randomly and quickly got worse to the point where it rarely works. 

*The camera issue has been there since I got the phone. It was like that the very first day I used it.

Any help/guidance would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

0 Likes
krris9
Navigator
Options

@TJGosselin  My problem was definitely less complex and was fixed in the December system update. The phone has been working fine ever since.

It all looks like a broken phone, especially since you've had problems from the start. I would send the phone for service or return it.

0 Likes
Dkollin
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. Also, *#0#* did not work to prompt test. 

0 Likes