Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 17-03-2022 05:58 PM)
boggman
First Poster
Options
Hey does anyone know if there is going to be an update as my new s22 ultra keeps freezing on lock screen have to perform restart??? 
23 REPLIES 23
CS121
First Poster
Options
Same
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Why do people keep talking about a fix coming for god's sake you should not be paying out over £1100 or more for defective phone then hope that a software fix comes out before your 21 day return period runs out ..then repair only if that fix never comes ...Wake Up People !! Send the phone back !! Get your money back or at least a replacement ! Don't let Samsung get away with it !
If not 100% happy with it send it back !!!
2peas1dong
Journeyman
Options
I mean if you've upgraded from the 21 ultra to the 22, total waste of time anyway. Same camera setup (awful, and yes I own the 21 ultra) specs are barely any different. Samsung does really disappoint these days.
evohicks
Navigator
Options

Its not as easy as sending it back for some people, a lot of people, like myself, trade their phones in so have no other phone to use while their S22 is sent back. In an ideal world we all would have a spare phone but hey this world ain't ideal.

If this were my S22 Ultra I would first of all wipe the cache partition and as a last resort I would perform a factory reset but from scratch and not from a backup on Smart Switch because sometimes you can get a rogue app or two which is not optimised. Of course if these don't work then send it back for a replacement but don't expect your replacement in the near future!

John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Should have not sent back trade back phone until testing new one . You do have some time before you have to send back old phone don't understand why people send back there old phone so quick before testing new one first..It is important to note that you are given 15 days from the date you receive your new device, to ship in your current one back
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
So you have 15 days to play with your new phone before you have to send old one back to trade in ...use that time to test the new phone ! And if no problems then send old phone back and as most people seem to have a problem before the 15 days limit send new phone back and keep old one ..unless your unlucky and problems happen after the 15 days time limit then not much you can do with your old phone gone .
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
You can push it to 14 daysScreenshot_20220317-175757_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220318-063111_Samsung Internet.jpg
Crossy66
Journeyman
Options
Having the exact same issue and samsung don't seem to know why it is doing it🤬
Ishi9000
Student
Options
I have got the same problem