Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free stuff.

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 05:57 AM)
ClarkHouse
Apprentice
Options
I was just wondering if it's just me or do other people feel a little let down by the free gifts on offer with the S22? Buds pro and Disney+. Like a lot of people I've already have both of them and although I accept they don't have to give free gifts they are so my question is...... would it be better to offer a small selection of gifts and choose one or stay as it is? Personally I'd scrap both the Buds pro and Disney+ for a set of 4 tags. 
8 REPLIES 8
Teasie123
Pathfinder
Options
Just wondering g, where are the free gifts? How do I claim them or view them?
Theresa edwards
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes in some cases people will have the Buds Pro as their go to listening device but on the flip side some won't so it's a good promotional item for them or they then have the opportunity to move from one set to another @ClarkHouse 

I have the Samsung Galaxy Buds Live currently but am looking forward to hearing what the Pro's bring.

Some already having them will possibly gift them on or sell them on which can then lessen the initial outlay for their new phone.

I usually see an influx of promotional items listed on ebay and or show up on shop shelves like Game , TradeMeIn or CEX.  ( I'm in the UK. )

I use my son's Disney+ log in currently but it will be nice to have my own log in for the year it runs too.

In the past in the UK we only used to receive trade ins and no promotional items so things have improved.

With my Pre Order of the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra I also received 30% off the Samsung Black Leather Cover I ordered and an amount of Samsung Reward points will be allocated to my account when the phone's been delivered that will reduce my purchase of items from the Samsung Online Store along with the Samsung Galaxy Pro earbuds.

When I purchased the Fold³ I received £50 off for registering to show interest in it, a free Samsung Starter Kit and 30% off the Aramid Case.

Samsung then sent me a £36 voucher after it was delivered to use on a Samsung Watch if I wanted to buy one.

I think people can get a little dismayed when they come across posts from people in the states who are discussing what they receive from Pre ordering i.e Samsung Store Credits etc so they buy accessories.

What I would say to this is that promotional deals have always been different depending on what region / country a person is in due to market trend and don't forget the consumers in the states also pay taxes on their purchase which typically raises the cost price of the phone on checkout.

If you logged into the Samsung Online Store page with your Samsung Account Credentials then you shoukd get Samsung Reward points and you might be able to use those to offset against buying the tags you want.

On my order details for the pre order it tells me the amount of Samsung Reward points I should expect to be allocated.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Teasie123 

When your phone has been delivered it's then that you make a claim for the free Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro and years subscription for Disney +

More information here  >

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/boost-your-disney-with-samsung-get-12-months-e... 

And >

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/celebrate-the-arrival-of-the-galaxy-s22-series... 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung couldn't win they offer you tags someone else wonts ear buds they give money off people wont something else on top. Guess they just have to dance the middle line and try not to annoy too many people
G G
ClarkHouse
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for all that. I'm also in the UK so know of the stores. I'm also very aware of how all the points work so on. My point it appears you've missed was having an option to choose and it not be set as this or that. I would hope in future that may happen. I myself was a Galaxy convert right back from the S. Also had most of the headsets and currently have two sets of buds one being pro that I independently purchased. A set of 4 tags cost far less than say the buds pro but I would see them as a better promotion, my personal preference. I also think instead of giving promo stuff why not lower the price and encourage more sales?
ClarkHouse
Apprentice
Options
My point was just add an option to choose. I personally buy a lot of stuff independently of promos. They've offered buds for at least the last 3/4 models. Is that now overkill?
ClarkHouse
Apprentice
Options
Thanks everyone for joining in the chat, it's great to see it provoking good chat and conversation.
0 Likes
papaant
First Poster
Options
At the end of the day you should be lucky your getting anything for FREE at all nowadays, you don't see the likes of apple doing the same thing, it must cost samsung millions to do all these promotions , you could always sell them and get something else yourself? Problem is nowadays, no one is ever happy with anything
0 Likes