Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, Samsung removed Exynos from flagship phones

(Topic created on: 28-07-2022 03:31 PM)
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

This should have been done ages ago. Exynos has historically being the poor cousin. 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/qualcomm-snapdragon-exclusivity-for-galaxy-s23-future-devices/

8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well that's the rumours and general news going around.
It's all subject to change and it remains to be seen what in reality happens.
I think going with a single chipset will help Samsung better optimise software for one chipset instead of having to push out two types of updates.
The Snapdragon certainly won't fix all of the problems that people are experiencing.
There will still be issues people will find and have done with their Snapdragon S22 range versions
So far my S22 Ultra Exynos has been brilliant.
My Z Fold 3 has been brilliant as well. That obviously has a Snapdragon

Time will tell though. Be very interesting at how powerful they can make the phones with focusing on one chipset alone if they do go that route
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The piece on sammobile.com is a little mixed as it says in one breath That might change for good next yearand then in the next Qualcomm has effectively confirmed that the Galaxy S23 will exclusively be powered by Snapdragon chipsets "

Right now I'd digest the information and treat it with a pinch of salt until Samsung show the phone in the UnUnpacked event , and then various tech persons and YouTube creaters get their hands on one @Reylob 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Funny, how some believe what they read, taken as gospel

I remember reading a article on sammobile that said Samsung is trying to embarrass the Chinese by increasing support to 4 years. How ridiculous like the Chinese are the manufacturers of phones in the world

also where is the corelleation of increasing support and the Chinese?

Don't get me wrong they make alot but not all. Sammobile can post stupid articles too
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To be fair, other sites are reporting the same story
Looking into it a bit more, there's definitely a touch of Facebook fake news about it.
Only way we will see will be when the phones get announced
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's my point, just have to wait and see, have to take with a pinch of salt until officially announced

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

using Snapdragon globally on the S23 range may be more likely with Qualcomm's CEO saying "Our relationship with Samsung has never been stronger. For more than two decades we’ve worked together to lead the industry and we are pleased to continue this strategic partnership to develop innovative technologies and products using Snapdragon platforms to power more Samsung premium devices globally.  as shown in this article https://9to5google.com/2022/07/28/snapdragon-galaxy-s23-samsung-qualcomm-deal/  However some of the headlines are overblown.

I do post some speculative stuff myself but do stress it not official.

Anyway my view is that the Snapdragon advantage is less marked nowadays  though still seems to be generally superior . some customers though  have a great experience with Exynos but  obviously others have had issues and a few debates on here.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've had a great experience with my Exynos S22 Ultra.
Also there have been plenty of complaints in America of the Snapdragon version having overheating problems
Personally since this updated Exynos chipset, I'd be happy to carry on with Exynos
It's more about real world use than spec sheet data
Now companies like Google are using a slightly modified version of the Exynos chipset. Investment is increasing for it and results over time will improve
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
Well from what I've heard they managed to get a deal with Qualcomm till 2030
0 Likes