Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filmic pro S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 14-04-2022 09:03 PM)
Muninn993
First Poster
Options

As we all know,  when using filmic pro we don't have any options past 30fps even though the device is more than capable. Along with a few hundred before me in sure, I reached out to filmic to see what if anything they would be doing to work around this annoyance to an otherwise great app. 

This was the reply I got:

Thanks for writing in and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

"We're currently aware of this problem with the Android 12 upgrade and the 60FPS (or anything above 30FPS really) configuration and have filed a bug report so our developers are able to work on a fix for this as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we don't have an estimate on when the fix might be ready at this time. After our most recent investigations, our developers have determined that this will need to be addressed by Samsung in a firmware update so that we are allowed to have this configuration active again. But rest assured as, of course, I will reach back to you via email should I receive any confirmation that this has been correctly implemented."

So #samsung when can we get this sorted?!

4 REPLIES 4
Members_9iMy1Lu
Student
Options

100% agree, this is needed.

0 Likes
Members_9iMy1Lu
Student
Options

This feature is missing from 3rd party camera apps in general, but it's the most outrageous on FilmicPro. The app is supposed to give us almost full control, people have already contacted FilmicPro via support (me included) and they stated that they need this permission back from samsung, who limited access in the camera API. I paid for my apps, i shoot video on my apps, and i want the developers to be able to take full advantage of the hardware i bought. Hardware i paid a lot, i might add. i shoot video all the time, and 50 or 60 fps are vital to be able to do the vast majority of the shots i want. Limiting access to such a feature, makes no sense. considering Filmic already has access to stuff like 10bitHDR it seems ridiculous to limit something so essential like the fps i want and need to shoot in.

If anyone is reading this, is there a way to reach samsung directly? i know i'm just a lowly customer, but i believe that this isn't right. The guys at FilmicPro are awesome, the guys at samsung not so much.

Mobz
Voyager
Options
If you hit Get Help next to where it says Community you may have a chance to let em know
0 Likes
Sam82000
First Poster
Options

Hi.

did any one find any updates on this API limitation since 1 year ? my wife has an S22Ultra with a Dji Osmo 6 gimbal. videos recorded with DJI app are still limited to 30fps whereas we can do 60fps on many iPhone models.
We're in 2023, this is a shame for Samsung, aka. the main Apple competitor...

0 Likes