Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feedback] Bring back the SD card slot and headphone jack, there is still interest in it according to a recent Sammobile poll!

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 01:26 PM)
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

I though I was one of the few around wanting the SD card and headphone jack back inside their beloved Samsung phones, however it is interesting that in a very recent poll made by Sammobile almost 81 per cent of the voters (which should be around by 3000 right now) said that they want the SD card in the next samsung flagships.

Yes 81 per cent! I hope Samsung has a look at polls like this both on the internet, in the communities and on Reddit because there is clearly a lot of interest behind such a simple piece of hardware to implement which can be used as a selling point on their marketing.

Come on Samsung you can do it!

https://www.sammobile.com/news/should-samsung-bring-back-microsd-slot-to-its-flagships/

Archer
10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There are no doubt a fair number of SD card fans, though such polls are not always completely representative. As I have said before the Headphone jack was largely removed to fit in more components and SD cards are not the fastest technology. Personally I think more chance for the SD cards but with larger internal storage now being provided may not be Samsung's priority for flagships. That being said there is probably too much of a premium for the 1 TB option. I am fine with reasonable internal storage along with the cloud, obviously views differ though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

CodyH
Voyager
Options
I would love to see them back as well as wire charger as some new come without it. (One of reasons won't get new one's. )

Would especially like headphones jack back in latest phones don't like how doing new one's.
Nicolvmax
Apprentice
Options
A major step backwards in my view, who doesnt need more storage, especially when you develop such an amazing camera....where do Samsung expect them to be saved....no more cloud accounts they are unsafe and access not guaranteed
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Transfer to PC, backup to NAS or USB media which can be locked in a fireproof and floodproof cabinet. Cloud would be my last resort
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Yes cloud storage is not viable for something which needs to be private or requires quick-everywhere access.

Having a direct backup option inside your smartphone as provided by the SD card is very useful.

It is unfortunate to have those nice features removed since with 3D stacking the PCB can be easily designed to make space for the SD card slot or the headphone jack, and the lack of space as an excuse is not valid at all on huge devices such as the foldables and tablets.

I hope some steps are taken in the right direction in this regard by Samsung.

Archer
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I know, lack of space is laughable as an excuse considering phones are massive these days compared to a decade ago. Circuit boards and chipset die have shrunk too, so to say there's no space for an SD slot in the SIM tray is laughable. Okay internal storage has increases but so has the Android ROM footprint, especially with bundled bloatware like Microsoft products, Spotify, VPN etc. The only issue with storing files on an internal SD as backup is if the phone gets stolen so do your files if that is the only place you copied them to. I'd use it more to load in my music collection which is converted to FLAC. I have that on my Nokia G50 and can plug in my BOSE QuietComfort Android headphones which is great because it means I can get some 'quiet' time away from external distractions and enjoy my music in peace.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I used to think I need sd card, but I have found that I don't need them at all

With cloud services and enhanced Storage capability I really don't need it but I don't record much video, which I can imagine needed additional storage for.
sparty1984
First Poster
Options

not having the headphone jack is what is keeping me from upgrading my S10.   I have a pair of earbuds made for sleeping(I sleep on my side) and I turn my phone upside down so it is dark and fall asleep listening to Youtube.

even if an adapter is avaialable for headphones, I wouldn't be able to charge and listen at the same time.

do most people prefer Blue Tooth ear buds?  just another thing that has to be charged all the time and always seems to run out at in-opportune times.

Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

The fact that the S23 series still misses the headphone jack and microSD slot is what keeps me from getting one this year and I guess I'll stick another year to my S10+... such a bummer that expensive devices no longer have basic features...

Archer
0 Likes