Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charge not working since update?

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 08:08 PM)
RooberryPie
Journeyman
Options
Using an S22 Ultra. Has anyone else found this? It was working absolutely fine and then I installed the latest update and now it won't have it. I've made sure the fast charge option is on in settings, cleaned out the charger port, uninstalled any recently installed apps incase any of those were affecting it and nothings helping. Charger will also only work when plugged in one way which I just find bizarre?! Help please! It's charging, but it's taking 2.5 hours, and I don't pay out for the latest phone for this 😒
12 REPLIES 12
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

From your description the charger is failing and or cable. Risky to continue using if former 

0 Likes
RooberryPie
Journeyman
Options
Sorry I should have added, the same charger works fine fast charging my partners s21 🤷
0 Likes
RooberryPie
Journeyman
Options
I've just found the original charger cable that came with the phone, that's not working either, doing the same thing as the other one even down to only working when plugged in one way. So I'm guessing that's an issue with the charger port? I'll try cleaning it again tomorrow I guess.
0 Likes
lee2799
Apprentice
Options
Mine has done the same thing s21 ultra worked fine before update then stopped working straight after, annoying.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have had no issue at all, charging with fine with 25w and 45w charger
0 Likes
Byron123
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue for the last 2 days. Only cable charging and also only works if the cable is inserted one way. Have you found a fix?

0 Likes
RooberryPie
Journeyman
Options
No I haven't yet and it's driving me mad! It will now occasionally come up saying super fast charging when plugged in the other way but that lasts less than a minute, doesn't increase the charge and then just stops charging completely. Still only getting cable charge speed and still only working plugged in one way. Tried 3 different chargers now that are all working fine on my partner and kids phones but all doing the same thing on mine.
Earlier today it did actually say super fast charging for around half an hour, however battery only went up 8% in that time and then it stopped again 😒
0 Likes
RooberryPie
Journeyman
Options
I think I've sorted it! I've just performed a soft reset by holding the power and volume down buttons down together until the phone restarted and it appears to have done the trick 🤞 here's hoping it lasts!
0 Likes
Members_iFtHhuY
Student
Options

I am getting this problem too it will only 'cable charge' when plugged in.  All fast charging options enabled.  Tried various chargers 25watts and 45watts.   I've cleaned the charge port uninstalled recent apps done a hard reset still no joy. 

0 Likes