Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Calls Only but full signals

(Topic created on: 17-07-2022 12:09 PM)
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
Hi folks,

I have the S22+ and noticed that SIM1 showed Emergency Calls only.. this has happened 3 times in the past 2 days. I am unable to make or receive calls aswell as not being able to use the Internet. I tried calling my phone from another phone and whilst both sims show full bars, I am not able to receive calls etc

The spooky thing is that the phone shows the full signal bars for SIM1 (unlike the signal issues on S21 Ultra post Android 12 update where the signal was intermittent on both sims)

The only way to get it working is either toggle the airplane mode button or restart and then it works fine until next time.

Has anyone faced the same issue? Is this the same as GSM drop out issue other folk are facing?

What is the general consensus? Is it software related or hardware? I know one member had a latest Android package at the Samsung Store which resolved the issue.

Just contemplating whether to return or see if the software update fixes the issue.

Please advise 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Jpswain696
Pioneer
Options
Go to Settings - Sim card Manager check which sim is showing as active. Then check signal by settings - about phone - status information - sim card status & check signal strength if showing above - 106dBm then you may have an issue with either cell tower or your phone may not have a good connection with the sim
Members_rUtO7Rh
First Poster
Options

nic nejede tuhle záplatu nedělali cekat a doufat ze to nebude hardwarem ale to by i tak peníze vrátili nebo výměna kusu 

signál prostě volat nejde vypadávaní hovoru!!!!!! hrůza 10 sim a esim v 5 g 4 g všude problém hotovo

0 Likes
Members_gLRgYxE
Student
Options

Hi, I have the same problem with Samsung s22+, randomly goes to Emergency calls only mode, but the signal bars are full, there's no notification,that the SIM cards are not working -so annoying, happened several times, when waiting for important calls. Turning flight mode on and off resolving the issue,but coming back again. Never happened to my S20 plus, I'm using them in the same places  I think it's a software bug, I hope Samsung will fix it asap, otherwise this phone is useless...

Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
I sent mine back for a replacement and been fine since.. some folk had to keep theirs as they had traded in an old phone have reported the recent software updates have resolved the issue.. have you installed these updates? Once installed clear the cache from bootloader and factory reset phone.

If it still doesn't work then unfortunately it's faulty..
Tr0llhunter
Journeyman
Options

Dude!!!! SAME HERE EXACTL thing is happening to me now! I literally bought the s22+ from Amazon. Coming from an s10, everything was fine until the new update. Same issues you are having to the T. I thought it may have been the phone as well, I reset it, restarted ALL the time, airplane mode, everything I could think of.

Funny thing is I put the sim card back in my s10, works fine. I sent the phone BACK to Amazon and now have an s22. STILL having the same issues.

This is ridiculous.

Oh and Samsung, when I pay OVER FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS for a phone, don't you think you should include a fast charging block? You know that's some bs....

But this is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to go through this. I'm getting a new sim card and if it still doesn't work, we're going to have some problems.

SO, SAMSUNG, HOW CAN WE FIX THIS????

WHAT IS THE ISSUE???!!!!! 

H891
Apprentice
Options
Any solutions to this , my S22 ultra will be going back for this repeated issue spread over the last month and over 2 new phones and still happening . Had samsungs for many years but now contemplating iPhone as all the other phones in the house are iPhone and bot having an issue even though they are on sky.
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
In my case a replacement phone resolved the issue.. it's definitely a hardware issue
H891
Apprentice
Options
This is the second phone, same issue. Go out of wifi range say and emergency calls only , no data nothing. Toggle air plane mode on and off and it works.
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
Its crazy isn't it.. get it replaced, if it's not working.. its not working