Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing text in S22 Ultra, all over the place

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 12:25 PM)
Blackburn_Dave
Apprentice
Options

With the S22 Ultra (latest update), has anyone noticed in recent days/weeks, when using the keyboard (Samsung, GBoard, Swiftkey, etc) and editing a message, the cursor jumps to another line of text and edits that line instead of the line you actually wanted to edit?
When correcting, it will jump to another work/line, etc...It is really weird.....but I've really noticed it of late!
Does anyone else get this happening...?

10 REPLIES 10
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I have this problem on my S21 Ultra but only when using the Facebook application.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Blackburn_Dave
Apprentice
Options

It seems to be happening in Facebook, messages, text messages, emails....it just jumps from where it should be editing to some random spot, usually the end of the sentence or paragraph...for example.

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Yea, same here. I haven't tried editing a text, email or Facebook messenger message and so I can't say if I have the issue with those but definitely do with Facebook and it's been ongoing for a long time for me.

Current Devices:
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I just had a thought... Have you altered the font size and screen zoom settings? I have, was wondering if that is the cause of the problem because I always thought it was odd that nobody else created a thread on the topic.

Current Devices:
Blackburn_Dave
Apprentice
Options

Nope, still default settings for those. The one thing I did change was language. I changed it from default Australian English to UK English, because then it not only spelt the same but gave me proper week numbers in the calendar. For some weird reason, the week numbers - under the Australian language - gave me the US week number, where we operate on the European/UK week numbering system. I will revert it to default Australian English and see if that fixes it. I have used this language method on my previous two Samsung Phones, with no issues though...

0 Likes
Jen24
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue with my s22. Really annoying when you want to add or edit something as when you move the curser to where you want to edit and start typing it jumps to the end and adds the text there instead of where you want it. (seems to be working fine typing this tho as made a few edits with zero problems) 

Granolagirl
First Poster
Options

For the amount I paid for this phone. I dont think I'll be keeping it. I edit, social media and do marketing on the go constantly. I feel really stupid making endless attempts to make a small correction 😕 I have loved the Note line from Samsung this was my mack daddy upgrade. Has anyone found a solution?

LostSock
First Poster
Options
It's currently only happening for me on the Facebook app, but it's sounding like a Samsung problem because my friend with a normal S22 is having the same problem but my iPhone friends aren't reporting any problems
0 Likes
PegC
First Poster
Options

Same issues here in all text enabled apps.  Even got warranty replacement of S21 Ultra and it still does it. I use swipe texting.   It's overly sensitive, cursor jumps around when I try to edit, and sometimes it just backspace erases multiple words.  Also throws in random symbols like fractions.  No one at Verizon or Samsung has a clue. 

0 Likes