Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't update

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 08:50 PM)
nicole1990
First Poster
Options
Done an update today and has messed all my apps and how you send thing. Made everything more complicated and I work with phones also runs slower. 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @nicole1990 

Sorry to hear this.

On balance I updated my phone to Android ¹³ on the 24th of October 2022 and have had no issues.

My apps were unaffected and my phone runs as smooth as before apart from the Twitter App not scrolling smoothly which was the same on Android ¹²

Battery usage is pretty much on par too.

As Android phone's are open source some phone's may perform differently due to the apps on them , theme's,  launchers and icon packs etc which I'm sure your possibly aware of as you work with phone's.

Have you tried the following generic troubleshooting guides.

• Make sure all apps in the Playstore and Galaxy Store are updated.
  • Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict.
  • Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • A last resort would be to back up and factory reset.
  • A Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone.
  • Use the optimisation tool found in Device Care.
  • Feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section can be sent direct to Samsung along with any error or crash logs.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I have android 13 on both my s22 and s21 ultra and both work great.
The changes from android 12 are minimal (visually) with some added features that are quite useful.
Both phones run super smooth and battery seems to be unaffected.
I do the usual partition cache wipe after every software update and galaxy apps booster.
0 Likes