Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Plus redeeming code issue

(Topic created on: 28-04-2022 02:39 PM)
Cdtplug
Navigator
Options

Anyone who is having an issue using the Disney plus code you got from your phone or tablet, use this link https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/redeem enter your current email address registered with Disney after you enter the code. As long as you Disney account has expired/cancelled it will restart the subscription.

Big gotcha here though, it willl say it will put you on a monthly subscription or you can change to the cheaper monthly subscription. DO NOT change to yearly. It will charge you there and then for the following years subscription. Even if you cancel it, you will still be charged to the end of the 2nd year after your free year.

I'm trying to get through to Disney to ask for my money back. What a scam on DIsney part, basically allow you to change to a yeary subscription, while you have an active subscrition and take the money there and then, not when its due for renewal.

28 REPLIES 28
Cdtplug
Navigator
Options
I have a tab 8 ultra, and just used the camera on the tablet to scan the QR code on the weblink, had to set Chrome as the default browser on the tablet to get my code.
0 Likes
ShadowLFC
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it's been sorted out. Spoke with Disney who had no issue cancelling both years and then manually signing me up for a year of the subscription. I guess this is a common issue as there was no query and it was all resolved relatively quickly
Blind Pilot
Apprentice
Options

This is also my issue I have no code anywhere and no way to prove that Im me on the regression

0 Likes
Dhjrtw
Student
Options

I messaged Samsung Friday via Facebook they said they were looking into it, no reply yet despite messaging then multiple tunes Iver tge last 2 days.

0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options

i just got my code and it says "sorry you cannot redeem this code as its for new customers only"

0 Likes
Cdtplug
Navigator
Options
So what you have to do is wait till your current Disney subscription expires, then use that code to reactivate your Disney account. Luckily my Disney was due to expire a couple of weeks after I ordered my tablet.
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
Ah thanks! As the email with the code didn't mention that! My annual plan ends 18th May so I've cancelled that so I'll try it on 18th or 19th once its expired. I know its valid unto June 2023 but I don't want to forget or lose it in the 1000s emails I have! 😂
Cdtplug
Navigator
Options
Remember not to click change to yearly billing, they'll charge you for the following year straight away.
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
Will Do. I check my bank weekly so if I one day see a month charge next year I will only then change to annual. Saying that I should rememeber anyway to check next may.
Lianc
First Poster
Options

I have exact same issue 

0 Likes