Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dexcom g6

(Topic created on: 28-08-2022 01:27 PM)
aldoa75
Apprentice
Options
Hi all, my little girl just got her dexcom g6 blood glucose machine today,  it's saying its not compatible with my s22 ultra (so I can see her glucose levels  without finger pricking her) is there anyone who has or knows someone having the same problem and what they do? Thanks in advance 
52 REPLIES 52
Gen10
First Poster
Options

It is another device the delivers insulin continuously and interacts with Dexcom to maintain normal glucose levels. I tried to transfer the app as well with the Smart Switch app that you recommended above. The Dexcom app is still working but the omnipod app realized that it is not supported in the s22 Samsung

0 Likes
Bob94
First Poster
Options

I followed the smart switch transfer of the dexcom G6 App to my S22+ phone  from and earlier phone..  It transferred great, but it would not pair.  Just to see if it was a problem with my phone, I used smart switch to transfer the app  from my S22+ phone to my wife’s new S22+ phone.  To my surprise, it paired and worked fine.  Now I my clueless on how the make it work on my phone.  To wipe all of Dexcom info off my new phone before I transferred the app, I deleted all Dexcom apps and restarted the phone.  Is there more I should have deleted?
Any ideas?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

It's a known issue with the Samsung Galaxy S21 and S22 phones that they have problems with blue tooth.  Go to your settings and turn Bluetooth off. Wait 60 seconds and turn it back on.   Hit OK at the bottom of the screen when it wants to pair with all the devices.   If it doesn't work at this point, the problem isn't the dexcom app, it's your phone.    In the future, if it unpairs with your S22, you'll have to turn Bluetooth off and then back on again.

0 Likes
Hashmalum
First Poster
Options

I had to create an account so I could tell you how appreciative I am that you posted this! I had a panic attack when my S22 couldn't connect to the Dexcom G6 app, but your instructions made it SUPER SIMPLE. 1,000 times thank you!

Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

You are very welcome. I'm glad I could help.  The people at dexcom are very slow in updating their software, so I just found a very good work-around.   It probably doesn't hurt that I'm an RF engineer also!   Problem solving is one of my job descriptions!   

Omw
First Poster
Options

I followed these instructions and it asked me to provide transmitter and sensor info which I had.  Now it says it can't find my transmitter. I am trying again with my old device turned off. 

0 Likes
Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

The S21 and the S22 do have known Bluetooth issues.  It may be a problem with your phone and not with the app.   My S22 does have Bluetooth issues that are not related to the dexcom app.  However, to overcome this, what I do I do is power off the phone and then power it back on again.   After that is done, you use your pull down menu and shut the Bluetooth off.   Wait a few seconds and then turn it back on again. When you turn it on you will see a list of Bluetooth devices that are connected to your phone. Hit OK.  This has resolved the problem.    Then you will have to wait about 5 minutes for it to reconnect.  

0 Likes
Kazzy7399
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. after the transfer of the app I still get the message that it is an Incompatible Smart Device. Back to carrying around the Dexcom reciever

0 Likes
Yaya74
First Poster
Options

Stull not compatible. What you suggest is called sideloading. This uploads an older version of the app, but it is a temporary solution at best.

0 Likes
Yaya74
First Poster
Options

Omnipod is an insulin pump that communicates with Dexcom6. Without Dexcom 6 an omnipod is useless unless you have the  device controllers. Using the phone makes it easier because there is only one device to carry instead of three.

0 Likes